Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

An Historical Moment (literally)

Beano

As some of you may know, I have been researching the history of the club on and off for the last four years. A lot of progress has been made in this area but we did have some incomplete tables from our time in the Surrey Intermediate League (Western).

A chance phone call at work from that League's Secretary enabled me to get in touch with Roger Hall, the SIL(W)'s Results and Registrations Secretary, who has very kindly filled the gaps! Therefore, once I get around to transferring last season's table into the archive, our site will have a complete set of First Team League Tables there going right the way back to the start in 1958! Huge thanks to Roger and everyone else who has assisted us with this aspect of the project.

There are some gaps in the Reserve Team section, but in basic terms, I am delighted with where we are in terms of tracing this club's past. What we have found can be accessed here:

http://www.ashfordtownmiddlesexfc.com/index.php/history

Great stuff! I bet there's not many clubs at our level with such a full club history.

My old cricket club had all the scorebooks over 60 years. One chaps labour of love was entering all the runs, wicket and catches etc onto a database. It turned out I was in the top ten batsman in their history.... Which was nice.

Well done Beano!

Archived