Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Carshalton 1-0 Billericay

Gareth J

A reminder, if one were needed, that 3 wins on the bounce does not make you invinceable.

If it wasn't for Billy Lumley were would have lost this game by ALOT more. And we wouldn't have scored in a fortnight. The only player other than Billy to come out of this game with any credit for me was Paul Rodgers.

Carshalton played much better than Leiston or Canvey, but we didn't help outselves.

We never got out of first gear across the park. There was little pressure, some very sloppy passing and some wild shooting from 30 yards when options were available. I think it's best I don't mention the set pieces...as the language would be inappropriate.

Not sure we needed to change the team, and frankly Sappleton needs to be an impact sub. He also needs to look at his disapline...too many yellows and a straight red for good measure today.

In all we got what we deserved and some players really need to look at themselves. We've proved we can do better and we need to keep doing it. But we need to remember this a team game, and your mates are there to help you, and you need to help them - in every position.

I think that's a bit harsh.

First half we were rubbish and agree Bill kept us in the game with some great saves. I think we just went out with the "turn up and win" attitude and that will never work.

I thought we totally dominated the second half though and although we didn't translate it into a huge number of chances we did hit the post and had we got a point I don't think it would have been outrageous.

I thought It was our forward players who didn't really perform today and Sappleton's red at the end was moronic. I thought we struggled at left back but other than that defended ok, Callum had a good game in midfield and Pooley and Robbo made a difference when the came on.

If we had played like we did in the second half for the whole game we would definitely have got something. Hoping for a good response on Monday. COYB!

First half was very poor and we we fortunate to go in only one down at ht.

The second half was better with plenty of possession but little threat on goal.

The red card at the end was really disappointing and utterly pointless.

Need to revert back to previous set ups and not assume we only need to turn up to pick up a win.

COYB!

A disappointing effort yesterday could have been dead and buried by half time if it wasn't for the excellent keeping from Billy.

Second half had a lot of the ball but did very little with it personally I couldn't see anything other than 3 points before the game after our last few performances.

As already been said would like to thank the Carshalton lads ( C I S A) for inviting the travelling fans for a BBQ and raffle(which we cleared up) was much appreciated by all us.

If any of you are coming down in February put a post on here and we'll meet up for a beer.

Good luck for the rest of the season fella's

I can't see anything that is harsh in what was said about attitude, commitment and team work. I said previously we have some exciting individuals but we are stronger as a team and not a collection of individuals. The first half showed this... A little more discipline on the ball and awaeness as to which of your team mates are around to help (as well as support from those players) would make this team into Ryman winners especially if you put their individual talent, skill and pace into the mix... I am all ready sold on the individual... just concerned about the "team".

I thought we were a more cohesive unit when Poole came on and was in the middle of the midfield... I also think that Robbo is finding his feet at this level... can't still decide if he works better as an impact player or that he warrants a start but we were definately a better side when both were on... so lets give him a start.

The beauty of hindsight is that you're always correct... unfortunately life and football don't work that way. I certainly understand why Craig changed the team line up and started with Sapps. I also understand why he kept him on... as the game proceeded and as far as statistics go, who was going to get you the goal? We tried the endless running into blind allyways in the first half and we needed players on the pitch that would be a little more savvy in front of goal... unfortunately not savvy enough to not get sent off!!! Dissapointed with that...

I would agree that we look weak on the left... memory serves that this has always been a luckless position for a new player.

Losing one game out of four, isn't the end of the World and this is still a new team and there are still some edges to be smoothed out. And we're playing better football in comparison to last season in my opinion and, despite my "individual" / "team" comments have the potential to gel into a very good team.

After ten league games, we're 13th in the league. That is the foundation, the start, the period of putting together a new team. The next ten games, we look to improve... I would suggest our target should be to get within spitting distance of the play offs (3 points max...). It's do able...

Postscript... Must've been Xmas come early yesterday for some... Chelmsford, Tonbridge were just two of the teams who's company we can share... as they all  gifted their hosts their first home win of the season... Okay...not important in the scheme of things but... hey...

CAISC would like to say thank you to the Billericay supporters who came the BBQ on saturday,glad you enjoyed the burgers and bangers and you also cleaned up in the raffle.Hope to be there in Feb and meet up for few drinks before the game.The fans forum was recently closed down by the owner of CAFC but we have started up a new forum,web address below.

carshaltonathleticfans.myfastforum.org Forum Index

On the game i think we dominated the 1st half with your goalkeeper keeping you in the game.The second half you had a lot more of the game had a couple of chances to level,but we held out,best of luck for the rest of the season except when we visit you in later in the season. 

Archived