Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town 1 Hampton 2

blue pilgrim

In the last office I worked in we had a huge safe in one corner, it was about 5 feet tall and the sides were several inches thick BUT it was still more mobile than Ricky Sappleton! 

Joe was the outstanding player for Billericay but once again Town were beaten by a better team of only 10 players.  Hampton looked far more likely to score throughout the second half.  I don't think the red card was warranted but I did miss the tackle near the end that upset Craig Edwards.

Poor game between two poor teams although I think they just about deserved the win. We didn't take advantage of the extra man and paid the price.

The two goal scorers were by some way the best two players on the pitch.

After a decent October the wheels have come off a bit. Need a win Saturday.

COYB!

In the last office I worked in we had a huge safe in one corner, it was about 5 feet tall and the sides were several inches thick BUT it was still more mobile than Ricky Sappleton! 

It's been a long time since we had a striker you'd put odds on to score when receiving the ball in the box with back to goal. And Ricky was unlucky not to do it again yesterday.  Does he deserve a start on that basis? Think I'd prefer to see him coming off the bench when needed.

Was surprised when Joe went off yesterday, and we missed Junior.

Thought Hampton deserved it.

People have commented that Hampton were a poor side hmmmm?

They came to our gaff yesterday and played positive football throughout. They kept the ball on the floor and their pass completion rate was twice as good as ours. When they went down to 10, they didn't stick them behind the ball as is the norm, they continued to attack. If you had walked into the ground with 25 minutes left you would never have realised they were playing with a man short.

As we increasingly went forward like headless chickens, they began to carve us open. They could have had two or three before they deservedly got the winner.

They may well be a poor side but if they continue to play like that and we play as we did yesterday, I know who will finish higher.

COYB

Well done to those who worked on the pitch to get it playable.

Hampton deserved the win. They were quicker out the blocks, passed the ball better, had more pace and created more opportunities. We badly miss the width and pace of Junior and the trickery of Evans. Hopefully both will be back next Saturday. The tackle on Chris Webber at the end was a certain red card and went completely unpunished. The red card looked harsh and on another day Callum could've walked. 4 home defeats before we've hit December isn't great, not sure when the last time we had a stat like that. At the moment (still 29 games to go!) we look neither good enough to make the play-offs nor bad enough to worry the relegation places. The two cups competitions offer a good chance of success and may just keep interest in the season alive.

I thought we were lacklustre and lethargic in the first half. The energy we had running through the team earlier on in the season feels like a distant memory now.

I thought we picked it up second half though and could have easily have won the game. Both their goals were breakaways albeit aided by some poor defending.

Hopefully by this time next week we'll have the personnel back to get back to the shape and fluency we had earlier on.

Well done to those who got the game on. It was heavy but certainly didn't look dangerous.

Time to get back to winning ways on Tuesday hopefully.

Archived