Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BLUES v WINGATE & FINCHLEY GAME OFF

At least Wingate didn't have the misfortune in travelling to the match only for it to be called off 45 minutes prior to kick-off.

It's not the Club's fault - every official has their own opinion about whether or not a pitch is 'fit' to play. It seems that many these days do not want to get their boots muddy and forget which tier of football they are operating in. We all remember your wasted journey and that was down to the Official, who changed his mind - and kept your manager happy.

It's easy for "seaside " clubs to be critical, but generally I have found that these grounds are better drained than those on London Clay.

At the time of writing we are the only game off in the Ryman Prem.

Good bloody effort all those involved who tried to get it on.

It may be the refs 'fault' this time, but something has to be sorted out with the pitch. IMO it hurt us big time last season when we were fighting for our lives. Just hope it doesnt have a negative effect again this season.

At least Wingate didn't have the misfortune in travelling to the match only for it to be called off 45 minutes prior to kick-off.

It's not the Club's fault - every official has their own opinion about whether or not a pitch is 'fit' to play. It seems that many these days do not want to get their boots muddy and forget which tier of football they are operating in. We all remember your wasted journey and that was down to the Official, who changed his mind - and kept your manager happy.

It's easy for "seaside " clubs to be critical, but generally I have found that these grounds are better drained than those on London Clay.

I'm not blaming your club, well not directly, but the comment in another thread by Brightside Bloke seemed to insinuate that Lowestoft were at fault for our postponement in December. Every club has a trumpet or two in their support, and his comments were well wide of the mark. 

FWIW - Harrow today was a bog but made for an entertaining match. Luckily there was no 'serious' injuries, but that was more through luck as the pitch was a quagmire (we go there again in a fortnight vs Hendon). 

BTFC do have a problem with the pitch and blaming London Clay doesn't wash. The pitch is on the side of a hill with a slope that should drain the water. Wingate/Hornchurch/Enfield could all cite the same excuse, but they seem to manage the 'clay' problem on level playing-fields, why can't BTFC?

I'm not having a go at you, BP - just aghast by this Brightside Bloke who seems to have a somewhat oxymoronic username.

I'm not having a go at you, BP - just aghast by this Brightside Bloke who seems to have a somewhat oxymoronic username.

it's simple really the lowestoft manager shouted and moaned at the Ref till he gave in. he even did a video of the pitch to show the Ref. When in fact he should have stayed away from the ref and not tried to influence him.

If you don't like what you read on here mate please do the honourable thing and  do one.

FWIW - Harrow today was a bog but made for an entertaining match. Luckily there was no 'serious' injuries, but that was more through luck as the pitch was a quagmire (we go there again in a fortnight vs Hendon). 

I noticed there were a few 'serious' injuriys in the top leagues this weekend due to the hardness of the pitches " he fell awkwardly" was the comments used.

No broken bones due to mud though, as far as i'm aware

I'm not blaming your club, well not directly, but the comment in another thread by Brightside Bloke seemed to insinuate that Lowestoft were at fault for our postponement in December. Every club has a trumpet or two in their support, and his comments were well wide of the mark. 

BTFC do have a problem with the pitch and blaming London Clay doesn't wash. The pitch is on the side of a hill with a slope that should drain the water. Wingate/Hornchurch/Enfield could all cite the same excuse, but they seem to manage the 'clay' problem on level playing-fields, why can't BTFC?

Perhaps Lowestoft's fear of receiving injuries on muddy pitches such as yesterday explains their consistent underachieving in recent years.

This is the Ryman League not the Champions League.

it's simple really the lowestoft manager shouted and moaned at the Ref till he gave in. he even did a video of the pitch to show the Ref. When in fact he should have stayed away from the ref and not tried to influence him.

If you don't like what you read on here mate please do the honourable thing and  do one.

You're head clearly zips up the back, bud. Who actually called the match off? 

Let me give you a clue. He wears black and blows a whistle. In fact, he didn't even need to don his uniform to call the match in question off.

Who called your match off against Wingate yesterday? Let me guess, he too wears black and blows a whistle and he also has a couple of cards in his back pocket. 

Blaming other clubs for your own pitch inadequacies is simply trying to deflect the blame. 

It wasn't the LTFC manager or club who had the match postponed. 

Live with it.

You're head clearly zips up the back, bud. Who actually called the match off? 

Let me give you a clue. He wears black and blows a whistle. In fact, he didn't even need to don his uniform to call the match in question off.

Who called your match off against Wingate yesterday? Let me guess, he too wears black and blows a whistle and he also has a couple of cards in his back pocket. 

Blaming other clubs for your own pitch inadequacies is simply trying to deflect the blame. 

It wasn't the LTFC manager or club who had the match postponed. 

Live with it.

Like your avatar but not so sure about the "Stylish" bit.

I don't think there is any doubt in anyone's mind as to why the referee called off the game he had previously called "on".

Pressure was brought to bear for whatever reason and it is disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

Don't you just love these debates - this is "real" football at it's best.

When I occasionally visit The Bridge, I smile when they turn on massive sprinklers before games in mid winter. Back in the real world footballers have to adapt to conditions ranging from hard and bumpy in summer and spring to muddy/semi-frozen in Winter.

It's these conditions and the variabilty of grounds that test Teams at this level. Those who are able to adapt, generally come out on top - that's how we won at Hornchurch on Boxing Day. The pitch was passed fit but the ball was frequently holding up in the mud.

Which brings me onto Lowestoft, since PB likes our forum so much. In their first season up in this division they came to us on a Tuesday night and played us off the park with a delightful display of attacking football ( they didn't complain about the pitch that night). I concluded that they were going to rocket up through the pyramid, particularly with their potential fan-base . So what has happened PB?  Are the pitches holding you back? 

Back to tomorrow, what chance a game?

Depressingly the weather seems a bit similar to late last week, some pleasant dry spells interspersed with very heavy rain which puts our pitch back where it was before.

Needs some hot air on it methinks, maybe some of the visitors to our forum can help !!?

It's all a bit sad though, it's so long since we had a games that me and Blue Pilgrim will have to reintroduce ourselves to each other.

I can't make it to the game tomorrow night as i have a meeting, So on that basis i think the MIB will allow us to go ahead with the game.  

COYB 

Why is this such an issue. The ref called it. Even waved away the attempt to do further work on it. And all that worried him (from what I gathered);was a square metre of the pitch near the touch line.

So if the ref calls it, what are we supposed to do? It's not as if we can call the "injury" card into play Mr. Plumballs Blue like your club did when they were last here.

Archived