Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Canvey Island

littlehampton

Town were all over Canvey for most of the 1st half but just couldn't grab that crucial second goal.

It was a complete role reversal in the 2nd half and Town completely lost their way.

Imber's lack of desire to come and claim crosses cost us dearly with the first Canvey goal. A deflected cross looped towards the near post. Rather than 'attacking the ball', Noel decided to wait for it to drop into his hands. Unfortunately the Canvey forward had other ideas and out-jumped him. It should have been dealt with.

The late fight-back showed real character. If we show that kind of spirit and still go down I will remain a proud fan.

You won't go down , Cray , Carshalton will, then it is any two from ETFC Thamesmead Wingate & Finchley , East Thurrock and Grays . I think with the managers experience he should be able to get you out of trouble , it just depends on whether his contacts in the game are strong enough given how long he has been out of the game. No matter what you may think I hope you stay up after helping to get the club to this level I want you to stay there .

You won't go down , Cray , Carshalton will, then it is any two from ETFC Thamesmead Wingate & Finchley , East Thurrock and Grays . I think with the managers experience he should be able to get you out of trouble , it just depends on whether his contacts in the game are strong enough given how long he has been out of the game. No matter what you may think I hope you stay up after helping to get the club to this level I want you to stay there .

Interesting that Borg opted to put Kirby up front to win flick-ons. I wonder whether any other ETFC manager had that idea in the past...? ;)

We showed fighting spirit yesterday. If we can come back from being 2 goals down with 2 minutes to go, we can win the relegation battle. Time to start believing!!!

I haven't stopped believing! I'm sure we'll do it.

In fact, in eight days time we could be out of the relegation zone. At the moment the fixtures other than ours which are vital concern E. Thurrock and Thamesmead. I wouldn't put my mortgage on all the following results coming up, but if some of them do, then we'll be well on our way to the comfort zone:

Tuesday night sees these games (weather permitting):

E. Thurrock v. Maidstone

Enfield  v. Harrow

Margate v. Thamesmead

I don't think it would be totally unreasonable to hope for Maidstone, Enfield and Margate wins.

That would give us this situation in the table:

20th) Thamesmead Pl. 31 Pts 26

21st)  E. Thurrock   Pl. 27 Pts 23

22nd) Enfield           Pl. 27 Pts 21

On Saturday we've got these:

H&R v. E. Thurrock

Thamesmead v. Enfield

Let's asume H&R win. The other game is just a tad important. At some point in the future, we've got to win an away game again. Thamesmead would be the perfect place to do it. If we do (and yes, I know there's a fairly big 'IF' there), we'd have this situation: 

20th) Thamesmead Pl. 32 Pts 26

21st)  Enfield           Pl. 28 Pts 24

22nd) E. Thurrock   Pl. 28 Pts 23

Then on Monday we are away to Hendon. Let's go crazy and say that, like London buses, after waiting ages one away win comes along followed by a second straight away. Then we get this:

20th) Enfield           Pl.  29 Pts 27

21st) Thamesmead Pl. 32 Pts 26

As I say, I wouldn't necessarily expect everything to go according to this plan, but I think it goes to show that if a relatively few results go our way, things can change dramatically in a very short space of time. COYT!

As regards the Canvey match, it was one of those 'Were you there?' games for all sorts of reasons and not just for the comeback. Amazing! (And we definitely should have had a penalty three minutes after our first. Problem was it came too soon and the ref bottled it).

Agree that the prime reason to staying up is so that all the previous seasons work by coaches, players, directors and willing volunteers are not undone by one poor season.

Cray have strengthened considerably and I for one expect them to pick up more points than maybe others expect them too, they've signed some established RPL players which will help, it's just a matter of them being even further behind than we are that could deny them survival.

I think we'll finish above Carshalton for one. We just need to bridge that gap between ourselves and 5th from bottom (8 points), the only encouraging factors i've seen is the will and desire of the players have got better under the new manager and at the same time we have'nt lost to a team in and around our league position, only losing to the likes of Kingstonian, Wealdstone Hornchurch etc.

But if i'm honest I do fear for us, however, my opinion could change with 6 points from Harrow tomorrow and Thamesmead Saturday, achieve that and i agree we will stay up.

Never a dull moment hey.

I haven't stopped believing! I'm sure we'll do it.

In fact, in eight days time we could be out of the relegation zone. At the moment the fixtures other than ours which are vital concern E. Thurrock and Thamesmead. I wouldn't put my mortgage on all the following results coming up, but if some of them do, then we'll be well on our way to the comfort zone:

Tuesday night sees these games (weather permitting):

E. Thurrock v. Maidstone

Enfield  v. Harrow

Margate v. Thamesmead

I don't think it would be totally unreasonable to hope for Maidstone, Enfield and Margate wins.

That would give us this situation in the table:

20th) Thamesmead Pl. 31 Pts 26

21st)  E. Thurrock   Pl. 27 Pts 23

22nd) Enfield           Pl. 27 Pts 21

On Saturday we've got these:

H&R v. E. Thurrock

Thamesmead v. Enfield

Let's asume H&R win. The other game is just a tad important. At some point in the future, we've got to win an away game again. Thamesmead would be the perfect place to do it. If we do (and yes, I know there's a fairly big 'IF' there), we'd have this situation: 

20th) Thamesmead Pl. 32 Pts 26

21st)  Enfield           Pl. 28 Pts 24

Then on Monday we are away to Hendon. Let's go crazy and say that, like London buses, after waiting ages one away win comes along followed by a second straight away. Then we get this:

20th) Enfield           Pl.  29 Pts 27

21st) Thamesmead Pl. 32 Pts 26

As I say, I wouldn't necessarily expect everything to go according to this plan, but I think it goes to show that if a relatively few results go our way, things can change dramatically in a very short space of time. COYT!

As regards the Canvey match, it was one of those 'Were you there?' games for all sorts of reasons and not just for the comeback. Amazing! (And we definitely should have had a penalty three minutes after our first. Problem was it came too soon and the ref bottled it).

Not a ridiculous assessment at all, it's about making it real and delivering those points. The problem which has surfaced in the last two games is the 6 goals conceded and through unforced errors. First 2 goals at Hornchurch and the first and third goals v Canvey were awful to watch, got to tighten up again.

That's the music sorted for the players to run out to:

Since we're going with the 'Believe' mantra, how about this (has a fairly anthemic feel to it with a simple lyrical structure, the content of which resonates with out predicament to an extent):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkGDMh45Iik