Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Our Fate

Well think about it your need a bigger budget to come up than you did to stay in step 4 league

If true, I herd that SOUTHPARK had a ZERO budget.

"OH" they only won the League

Guernsey supposed to have a ZERO budget

"OH" they finished second and got promoted

Money isn't everything,but I know it helps

Well think about it your need a bigger budget to come up than you did to stay in step 4 league

Maybe so, but doesn't that just sum up everything that's wrong with the game at this level?  Clubs at Steps 4 and 5 are run by volunteers - they don't get paid, but a significant percentage of the many hours they put in are spent trying to generate money to pay players - money that would potentially be better invested in facilities, or being put aside for emergencies.

We've been placed into a very competitive division and while I am certain we will be one of the teams challenging at the top end of the table, I think we need to be realistic - there will be a number of teams going for promotion and while we need to be confident, we can't assume we have a divine right to bounce back. There's only one promotion place - claiming it will be very, very difficult.

I know that our Board will set a budget that they consider affordable and won't try to buy the League.  It is far more important that the club continues along the path it has trod for the last four years, where we have cleared historic debt and generated money for ground improvements before pumping cash into the team.

It is by creating long-term sustainability and additional income streams that we will be able to move back up the Steps. While, like everyone else, I want us to go back up, I'm happy enough if it takes a little while, especially if we can build a stronger club in the process.

Why not have a season of consolidation, pay no money and put the money into the club.

If you only pay £10 per player x 15 £150 per week £600 per month over a nine month period £5400 if you pay more. WELL!

Interesting debate. I would be curious to know which clubs pay and which do not. The NLP a few weeks ago cited the Hanwell Town chairman saying they had no plans to pay their players after they ran away with their league.

The term semi-professional almost suggests that the players receive some recompense, however small.

Archived