Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

Interesting player that's become available due to his re location to London is highly rated attacking left sided player Brad Wilson from Basingstoke town.

His CV puts him playing anywhere from left back, left midfield to left winger. 

12 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Interesting player that's become available due to his re location to London is highly rated attacking left sided player Brad Wilson from Basingstoke town.

His CV puts him playing anywhere from left back, left midfield to left winger. 

Odd excuse as Basingstoke isn’t exactly far from London. You’ve got the M3 on your doorstep with a direct route into London along with direct fast train services. Sounds like an excuse to me as he’s had offers elsewhere.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Odd excuse as Basingstoke isn’t exactly far from London. You’ve got the M3 on your doorstep with a direct route into London along with direct fast train services. Sounds like an excuse to me as he’s had offers elsewhere.

Basingstoke are gutted to see him go.

He won their golden boot either last season or the season before.

Puts his move down to personal reasons so could be not only the move to London but possible other reasons.

Offers elsewhere? possibly us if were in the market for a versatile attacking left sided player to take the place of Tyrese Dyce.

Also fits the bill as an up and coming player from a lower level.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Posted (edited)

Hemel have announced another two signings in the shape of forward Connor Kurran-Brown from Hampton and 6'6'' winger/striker Sydney Ibie from Dagenham & Redbridge.

This brings their total close season signings so far to 6.

With lots of director changes it does seem as if last season squad at Hampton is gradually being ripped apart with players being picked off by other clubs.

Kurren-Brown is another exciting attacking player that seems to have by-passed us on his way to Hemel.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Didn't realise Hemel's chairman Dave Boggins had such a colourful past......

59 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Dan Roberts has left Weymouth.

Personally I wouldn't like him back at Slough.

I don't understand why many of us seem to have it in for him; my perception is that we gave a lot more leeway to other players (I'm thinking primarily of Ben Harris) but for some reason not to him. I never felt we played to his strengths.

Really liked Dan Roberts when we signed him. After watching him in his debut season for Windsor it seemed he was a real talent. The years he had with us were tough (Covid specifically) and all the disruption seemed to have a massive impact on his development leading to him leaving. Went to Dartford and didn't very little, then Weymouth who, reading their twitter today are gutted he has left them, but only because he scored against Yeovil!!

I don't see Dan as better than Nathan or Slavi at all and I think if we are to bring in a center forward to compete with them he needs to be far better than Dan.

4 hours ago, Nathan said:

I don't understand why many of us seem to have it in for him; my perception is that we gave a lot more leeway to other players (I'm thinking primarily of Ben Harris) but for some reason not to him. I never felt we played to his strengths.

No one has it in for him Nathan just telling it as we see it.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

Hemel add Weymouth defender Teddy Howe to their list of signings.

As Hemel are splashing the cash,could Roberts end up there with his old gaffer?

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, SloughFlyer said:

Really liked Dan Roberts when we signed him. After watching him in his debut season for Windsor it seemed he was a real talent. The years he had with us were tough (Covid specifically) and all the disruption seemed to have a massive impact on his development leading to him leaving. Went to Dartford and didn't very little, then Weymouth who, reading their twitter today are gutted he has left them, but only because he scored against Yeovil!!

I don't see Dan as better than Nathan or Slavi at all and I think if we are to bring in a center forward to compete with them he needs to be far better than Dan.

I didn't mind Dan Roberts. His first season for Slough he was excellent especially as he was coming up to Slough's level from Windsor's division [3 tiers].

He fell out of favour with Bakes and Unders and moved on to Dartford. There I don't think he got as much of a look in as he would have liked. I don't know how well he has done at Weymouth.

While Dan is rather slight and lightweight he does know how to put the ball into the net and does get into good positions in the box and on the wing.

If Slough haven't got much of a budget this season he might be worth a punt for our squad. In my opinion he's as good as Nathan Minhas. Nathan looks the part but is inconsistent. Dan doesn't look the part but when his confidence is high he will get his team goals. Unless Scott has someone better lined up.

Edited by 3spirit

Garry Haylock is the new manager at Beaconsfield Town and his assistant will be Sam Togwell.