Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

1 hour ago, GlenSTFC said:

I’m guessing Holloways Park still? 😆

Just seen Jon has quit as manager.

I figured that....😂

Just didn't know what league they'd drop into?

25 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

No real surprise Unders has stepped down as manager.

Going by their statement the club was informed of his intentions to leave a few weeks ago.

I’m a little surprised unless he has another job lined up? Obviously he’d want to stay at step 3 but I wonder if he would drop to a step 4 club? I guess it all comes down to the ‘project’!!!

Like I said a few weeks ago, him and Bakes reunite, with Spencer going 'upstairs'...

42 minutes ago, Rebellier said:

Like I said a few weeks ago, him and Bakes reunite, with Spencer going 'upstairs'...

In the long term it's probably the objective but I can't see Spencer Day giving up the hot seat just yet unless they have a disastrous season. 

Lets face it Bakes is a ready made replacement for Day and if Unders is available at the time it's odds on the old muckers will re-unite. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

55 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

If it weren't for the board f,ing up they both could still well be at Slough!

Board f'ing up?

How do you know?

TBH things were getting stale and it was showing in our performances. 

Besides i'm more than happy with Scott in charge and the way the club is being being run and progressing.

That's all in the past and life goes on.

Edited by Reading Rebel

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

Board f'ing up?

How do you know?

TBH things were getting stale and it was showing in our performances. 

Besides i'm more than happy with Scott in charge and the way the club is being being run and progressing.

That's all in the past and life goes on.

We needed a change of management or I think we would have gone down I think Bakes and Unders knew that We scored more goals last season then we did in previous seasons We had gone stale so time for change!

My impression (which may be mistaken) at the time of Bakes & Unders departure was that all was not well behind the scenes and, with no imminent prospect of things improving, that they were no longer enjoying the job and that they felt they'd taken the club as far as they could. I think I'm right in saying (I'm happy to be corrected if wrong) that one of them made a reference on here to "the decision had been coming for some time", or words to that effect.

It doesn't take a genius to realise that the club was short of money. We were severely restricted regarding recruitment which, with all due respect both of them, is presumably why we re-signed Ben Harris (who clearly was no longer of the required standard) during the summer and had Manny Williams (who was 109 years old) making up the numbers. Mike Lightfoot said in an interview with the BBC in October 2022 (a few weeks before Bakes & Unders departure) that season ticket sales were down by 77, which meant a loss of over £15k revenue of season ticket sales alone (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-63243195). To put that into context, the prize money we got from our FA Cup run this year was £18,375, so a £15k loss of regular income undoubtedly left a massive hole in our finances. He followed this up by saying "I stare at the accounts every day thinking 'how can I get us more cash?", a very illuminative statement to say the least.

The question is: given that attendances hadn't recovered from lockdown, who, if anyone, was to blame for this?

6 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

Looks like we can all watch it according to this link.

https://t.co/RGZ5OsIqvP

6 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

Looks like we can all watch it according to this link.

https://t.co/RGZ5OsIqvP

Zico Asare of Maidenhead United also called up for this match.

10 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Ebbsfleet get approval to build an 8,000 all seater stadium, as part of a £40 million scheme to develop the area.

When we played Ebbsfleet the season before last and Jamie was helping Rhys, the head steward showed me the initial plans that were in his hut under the stand.

Looked impressive to be fair.