Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup Billericay Town V Hadleigh United

Brightside Bloke

Non league football is dying,people think it's not because clubs like Dulwich get 3000 for the odd game or clubs like Maidstone get 1500 per game but these are exceptions to the rule.

It's about time the people that run Non league football took their heads out from their arses and realised what's happening.

Unless they do so,I will guarantee you that in 10 years time ,at least 50 clubs from Ryman north level to conference South level will be no more

Spot on Eastside - but its not just those who run Non League - it goes right up the food chain. And as with any food chain, greed  takes precedence and the big get bigger, with the rest feeding on scraps

We are now dominated by the TV companies, who provide blanket live and recorded football to those who cannot be bothered to get off their backsides to go and see a live game. ( I excuse the frail and ill in this description). So even those who can afford to see a top level game, have to attend when the TV companies dictate and are now blinded by enhanced lighting installed at the behest of those same companies.

I'm not sure what the answer is for non league football and sadly your prediction seems inevitable. The FA Cup has always remained special to me, whether it be the early rounds in August/September or the latter stages in April/May. Last Saturday Billericay earned more in prize money than they took across the gate and grudgingly I have to accept where that prize money came from !!!!!!

Archived