Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonight's Match Postponed

B378

Tonight's match has been called off due to snow and a frozen pitch.

Wondering if that decision was somewhat premature? All snow has dissappeared from around here.

I reckon better premature than a waste of time. Yesterday, Kingstonian v. Bognor Regis Town got the go-ahead from a local referee at 4.45. Didn't give much time for the Bognor contingent to make their way up for the game. The game got called off at 7.45 (yes, kick off time) due to 'a frozen pitch'.

It was probably the right call. It's not CB Hounslow's ground, so any decision to play a match in what is essentially a subsidiary competition was always going to need good weather. After all, once the snow melted, the water would have gone into the pitch, potentially waterlogging the surface anyway. 

I have tonight watched Spelthorne beat Horley Town 4-0 on a perfectly playable pitch not more than a mile away from Bedfont.

Sadly I also saw Conner Moody suffer a suspected broken leg from what I considered a poor challenge from the Horley keeper.This was followed by the Horley No.14 berating the referee for stopping the game when it wasn't a head injury.IDIOT.

Certainly there was surprise that our game at CB Hounslow was called off so early in the day, when the snow had cleared very quickly on the roads & parks. CB Hounslow were probably obliged to act early by their landlords who, to be fair, have frequently got games on when the adjacent Bedfont Sports have postponed games at a whim.

However, the Lammas game at the RPS tonight also fell foul of the weather, and we all know how the temperature plummets when the evenings close in around us when we are there for our own games. On this occasion, it is nothing new for their opponents (C&H Utd), who rarely get their games on and now loiter behind in their table in terms of games played. Maybe they need a few pitchforks?

That said, if our U18's game on Wednesday survives, let's hope it is an early rather than late decision, and with Sean away, the decision is made promptly.

Sad to hear of Conor Moody's misfortune for Spelthorne tonight. I am sure all Ashford fans will wish him a full and speedy recovery, given his sterling performances for us in recent years, and having been at our Club for the best part of a decade being superbly coached by Ben.

All the best for a full and speedy recovery Conor.

Eddie I will tell you what I thought of the challenge privately on Saturday as I don't want to put myself at risk on a public forum.

What I will say was that I saw it clearly from approximately 15 yards.

Dave - as a former referee yourself, 15 yards is some going!

I've seen tackles from two stands away and am always convinced I was right!

We must share the identities of our Opticians soon before Job's Dairy shuts down at Hanworth and gets rid of the 'milk bottle bottoms'!

The important message is to Conor - Get well soon, take it easy, don't rush it, and come back to terrorise the opposition. In Ed Miliband's words " weaponise your Team".

Archived