Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

An SSML Referee's NIGHTMARE

A Premier League player (Van Aanholt 3) was allowed to play in an FA Cup tie last night with blue socks, white polka dot ankle socks and black tape.

Allowed in professional football, but would delay the kick off in SSML. The mind boggles.post-10702-0-46077000-1423044115_thumb.jpg

Is the old cut off football sock allowed over a different coloured ankle sock then? Interesting. I'll have to remember that one.

Haha! Another interesting point there though, would navy blue be accepted over sky blue socks as they are both technically blue?

Is the old cut off football sock allowed over a different coloured ankle sock then? Interesting. I'll have to remember that one.

Haha! Another interesting point there though, would navy blue be accepted over sky blue socks as they are both technically blue?

It's all about splitting hairs.

Why someone would cut the bottom of their football sock is beyond me.

Just wait for the next installment from FIFA.  :rolleyes:

A Premier League player (Van Aanholt 3) was allowed to play in an FA Cup tie last night with blue socks, white polka dot ankle socks and black tape.

Allowed in professional football, but would delay the kick off in SSML. The mind boggles. 254FAD9A00000578-2938613-The_Colombian_met_a_cross_from_McCormack_to_fire_the_ball_into_t-a-16_1423003061023.jpg

Liam Bridcutt (Sunderland's no. 4) is also wearing something other than the team socks!!

• 3 weeks later...

Under shorts and sock tape rules are very silly. This season in the SSML prem I have seen different colour socks, shorts under shirts and sock tape not matching the team colours. The standard of referees is some what confusing too. I have seen a referee pick up the ball, go and talk to two players 20 yards from the free kick and then let the kick go ahead in completely the wrong place. I could go on and on about this subject.

Archived