Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wednesday 18th. March - Budget Day !!

Been sorta quiet in the pub, so here's a topic.

How much better off do you reckon we will all be by tomorrow evening ??

Well I think we've been doing our best Big JR but someone has been letting the side down for a while, we don't seem to see them from one week to the next!

Anyway, who are they going to mug next? Anyone left they haven't left worse off then before they squeezed into government?

Well  -  Not long to wait now.

Yes Loose  -  I had noticed someones absence

So far, half an hour of complete waffle and absolutely nothing for the working class.

Looks like a 'Vote for the Tory' Budget !

1p OFF a pint of beer.  REDUCTION in the cost of cider

NO increase in tobacco duty

DECREASE in petrol tax.

So cynical isn't it? The country or rather the working classes have been putting up with penny pinching during this 'austerity' and services cuts so now they blow £6bn on a 'Vote for Us!' budget!

I'm rather enjoying Ed Milliband's response.

The TV pundits yesterday evening didn't reckon much to it apart from it being a teaser for the election.

They also reckoned IF the tories get in again, the first thing they'll do is wack up V.A.T. to pay for their 'savings'.

The TV pundits yesterday evening didn't reckon much to it apart from it being a teaser for the election.

They also reckoned IF the tories get in again, the first thing they'll do is wack up V.A.T. to pay for their 'savings'.

Of course they will.  They rob Peter to pay Paul. Then they rob Paul to pay back Peter. No magic tricks.

So cynical isn't it? The country or rather the working classes have been putting up with penny pinching during this 'austerity' and services cuts so now they blow £6bn on a 'Vote for Us!' budget!

Couldn't agree more. They must be running scared of UKIP.

Couldn't agree more. They must be running scared of UKIP.

I recently read an opinion poll report that found that 86% of voters in one of the poorest constituencies in the UK intended to vote UKIP. Not only is that akin to turkeys voting for Christmas, but also a damning reflection of our education system going back possibly generations.

it's a worrying fact Alan

WHY WORRYING  ??

The reason being that the Tories do absolutely nothing for the poor.

The Labour party have a totally ineffective leadership and the Lib Dems were only too happy to jump into bed with the Tories and are basically, a joke.  Look at Danny's antics with his 'orange' despatch box yesterday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-31963193

The worse off are sick and tired of our so called Government paying billions into Europe each week while THEIR poor flood over here to get better benefits than they do in their own country.

And that is why I, my family and the vast majority of my neighbours will be voting UKIP in a few weeks time.

Incidently - The non-Labour ward where I live now has a UKIP councillor elected to Mole Valle D.C., and Mole Valley is in a staunchly Tory constituency.

I don't disagree with your analysis of the political parties Big J R, the problem is that I really don't believe that UKIP is the answer.

Problem is that the main political parties are ineffective so that people look for alternatives.

I think that the SNP may hold the balance of power the way things are going.

I don't disagree with your analysis of the political parties Big J R, the problem is that I really don't believe that UKIP is the answer.

Problem is that the main political parties are ineffective so that people look for alternatives.

I think that the SNP may hold the balance of power the way things are going.

Not sure how the SNP will join a. n. other party voting on English matters when they supposedly will not be able to. In effect we will get votes of no confidence every other week!

Quite right about UKIP.

The SNP have said that they will join Labour in the event that Labour cannot form a majority Government after the next election.

As far as England is concerned, that is like Chickens forming an alliance with an Urban Fox.

That joke 'Big Jock' Alex Salmond totally failed to get independence, then resigned as leader in a huff, so now he'll do absolutely anything to get some form of credence in Westminster.

Just have a look at some of his 'demands' of Labour if they need his helping hand.

The SNP are a joke !!

Having said that, I reckon the up and coming general election ain't going to solve diddley-squit !

The SNP have said that they will join Labour in the event that Labour cannot form a majority Government after the next election.

As far as England is concerned, that is like Chickens forming an alliance with an Urban Fox.

That joke 'Big Jock' Alex Salmond totally failed to get independence, then resigned as leader in a huff, so now he'll do absolutely anything to get some form of credence in Westminster.

Just have a look at some of his 'demands' of Labour if they need his helping hand.

The SNP are a joke !!

Having said that, I reckon the up and coming general election ain't going to solve diddley-squit !

My greatest fear is a far right coalition of the Tories and UKIP. 

With regards to Labours perceived weak leader, I have been absolutely amazed how much he has looked like a credible future Prime Minister in the past few weeks. Camaron is obviously terrified of him and all the extra TV exposure will show the nation what a decent and intelligent man he really is.

Alex Salmond must surely be Camerons main fear after his Scottish ranting statements yesterday.

Archived