Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 1 Brook 0

Swifty

Exactly the sort of tough fixture where we needed to grind out a 1-0 and we were successful.

We started with purpose but lost our way from 20 minutes to half time, allowing AFCH to dictate the shot count. Although Tyler was called on fleetingly, we never brought a save out of Brook's keeper all game. As with Cockfosters, we were much better after the break, dictated play and only allowed 'Brook' a handful of chances in the second half. While we gave AFCH's defence a good workout and they performed well, their header which just missed near the end should serve as a wake-up call for future games.

A lovely goal to win the match in the 79th - a fine run down the left and into the box by Bitz with a cross ably tucked home by Fleminho, who had a fine game in a new slightly withdrawn role. It was refreshing to hear defenders giving orders and encouraging, George and Joe settled into the side nicely, and I don't think much will get past Lewis this season! Scott Elgar played a wonderful and goal-deserving through ball just after he came on, while Samad got my match of the match vote as he looked our most dangerous player and gave their defence a right headache.

This was exactly the sort of game we needed to win in order to show our intent and capabilities. Brook were no mugs, especially in the first half, and it wouldn't have been easy playing decent football in that heat. Thumbs up all round.

Deserved win with a sound squad performance. Dan Fleming got the Man of the Match but lots of candidates especially amongst the new boys who all played well. On to Chessington on Tuesday.

Good win to kick us off.

TBH I thought we were the only team in it in the 2nd half and other than their header that went wide I don't remember TT being overly bothered with anything?

Very impressed with Lewis and George. Also Joe "pop" Robson (ask your Dad/Grandads) played well. Scott Elgars defence splitting pass was the best I've seen in a long while. Everyone played well but we didn't really click. That will come. 3 points ta very much!

Well summed up Ed, it was close between Samad and Dan for MOTM the vote from behind the goal just went with Dan... 3 points and off and running  :D

Hi to you all,welcome to a new season and the up's and down's of following Ashford,more up's I hope than down's.

A good start for the boys against a strong looking AFC Hayes and three points in the bag.Lots of new faces and names to get used to.

In the 1st half both teams were probing and testing each other and no surprise at 0-0 half time,2nd half Ashford looked the more confident side,Dan Flemming scored the only goal of the game in the 80th minute and Ashford saw the game out to seal the points.well done to the lads.

Great to get off to a winning start. It was good to keep a clean sheet, but saying that I think we'll have tougher matches ahead this season.

Archived