Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island v Enfield Town

waggamick1

Just what is going on?

No leaders, no goal threat and unfortunately too many squad players not good enough. We look like a team of boys out there against men.

Bradley seriously needs to earn his crust now. He must be regretting not keeping the proven and experienced players that we had. Where was Doyle, Whitely, Stevens?

A settled side would help at this stage. Does he know his best XI?

This would be my best side at the moment.

4-3-3

McDonald

Lockie...Vilcu...Joseph...Gabriel

Hayden-Smith...Muguo...Tajbakhsh

Whitely...Devine...Campbell

Subs: Doyle...Cathline...Stevens...Purcell...Livings or Winter

Can't fault the effort the players are putting in on the pitch but it's all going horribly wrong at the moment.

The team LS shows above looks pretty close to our best at the moment but we've not had m(any) chances to play it - Vilcu, Muguo, Hayden-Smith and Whiteley were all missing again yesterday (as well as Doyle & Stevens).

Sounds like Corey could well be out for a while with knee ligament damage - important that the senior players step up now, the sooner Stan gets back fit the better, we're missing his leadership at the moment.

Too many changes of personnel every week for me - much of it enforced, I know. Brad did a magnificent job last year but we shouldn't forget that he's still learning his trade in management. Keep going, Brad, you'll get there.

Tyler would be the first name on my teamsheet every week at the moment and with Corey injured and Alex Cathline suspended it may well be Dernell that gets an opportunity, lets hope he can take it. Can't help feeling though that we're relying too heavily on youngsters in difficult circumstances at the moment which is perhaps putting too much pressure/responsibility on them. Tayshan looks a real prospect and his red card at Billericay was borne of too much enthusiasm/inexperience - hopefully he's leant from it.

Alex Cathline obviously snapped yesterday after severe provocation - I was too far away from the incident that got him sent off but those defenders clearly got what they intended all along, having wound him up all game. I said to somebody that Canvey look like the new Billericay - not realising that 3 of those players came from Billericay! If we ever play football in that manner, I won't be following us....

Keep the faith Towners! Difficult times, important we all pull together and get right behind the team and management.

Archived