Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hitchin cup replay

SeasideTowner

Just got back. Whilst we were marginally better than Saturday we were in this game all the way through. They were just the same as Saturday, a good team but throwing themselves on the floor at every opportunity and an incredibly weak referee allowing them to get away with it. We had a really strong last 20 minutes and when we equalized, there was only going to be one winner. About 200 Town there and the ultras never stopped for a second, tremendous support. Right, I need a beer ! Just to add, I couldn't name a MOTM, there was 11 of them.

Magnificent singing from the ultras for the whole of the second half never stopped once.A truly phenomenal second half performance from the boys the best I have seen for a very long time.

The celebrations with the players at the end will live in my memory for a very long time, well done to everybody.

Glad Frendo got what he deserved at the end of 90 mins for all his bully boy tactics NOTHING.

C.O.Y.T

It's nights like last night that make it all worthwhile. For every person who has said to me over the years " no.. which real club do you support ? " I wish they were there last night. No words would have been required.

As for the game; we were bullied mercilessly in the first 40 mins by a really well organised committed opposition who pressed in twos all over the park. Brad's substitutions were inspired as we had to match their physicality and gamesmanship or we would have gone down. Nathan kept us in the game in the first half. I thought he was magnificent again. As Hitchin visibly tired and began to lose their focus on their primary objective which was based again, around ' managing' the officials we grew stronger and stronger. That was exemplified by our full backs who started anxiously but in the 2nd half had their best 45 mins in Enfield shirts. Big mention for Harry ; ran tirelessly , challenged for everything, used the ball intelligently and simply played his game and never lost focus despite their antics. Outstanding.

FANTASTIC performance and result last night at Top Field.

Congratulations and a BIG thank you to Brad and our players for securing a fine win in a difficult match. This was a great team effort, but for me the jewel in the crown was Harry Ottoway who was absolutely superb up front, and thoroughly deserved the equalising goal, which enabled us to go on and secure a memorable victory.

It was great to see so many Enfield folk at the replay. The level of support for Town was amazing and the Ultras were outstanding throughout the whole match. There is little doubt it spurred our players on, and in the end helped influence the outcome.

Keep it up everyone you support a fine club!  See you over at Chesham a week on Saturday.