Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lewes FC - Saturday

4wembleyfinals

God, that was dull ! The game started really well, a good move created a chance for Corey which he put away with aplomb in the third minute and at that point I was thinking here we go, it's gonna be five or six. However, if we hadn't scored that goal, I don't think that we'd have won. We were pretty stale all afternoon and you knew that they would pull one back. Step up Doyley with a brave header from a great Brad freekick and we managed to win it. An ugly win and another 3 points. Onwards and upwards !

Right on the button SeaT.

After the early goal it was if Whitley, Campbell and Devyne were more intent in

scoring the "super goal" on their own. I believe that someone wrote recently that

"they can't play together". On Saturday it looked more like they DIDN'T WANT TO

play TOGETHER"!!!! All tricks and flips but no passes for the rest of the game.

As Brian Clough once said to John Robertson, "If I wanted to see ball tricks I

would have gone to the circus"

I got my wish and Brad did play. Perhaps the next step is a few quiet words in the forwards ears!!

My previous comments might probably sounds like sour grapes but the win was once

again down to a late goal by a defender. Also my opinion must have been shared

by "Another", just look at who was substituted.

Blimey, can't please some people!

Take those 3 and the 33 goals they've scored this season out of the team and it won't leave you with much!

My worry when all 3 play together, along with Harry, is it leaves us exposed in the middle of midfield. Doesn't matter if it's Brad or Stanley then, they don't have the legs to make up the ground.

Certainly wasn't a classic but, credit to Lewes, I thought they played some good football. Good commitment shown, particularly by Ryan Doyle, to get the win after the penalty incident.

Keep playing, lads, you just never know....

I think the point that is trying to be made is that at times they are playing for themselves and not the team....... better options were on at times but were ignored......... not for the first time either. There is a good chance that more than a collective of 33 goals would have been scored if the simple ball was played. There is no question that they have skill but save that stuff for when your 5 goals in front....... not at 1-0 ;o)

Thanks Joho, that was exactly the point I was making. Of course I was pleased

that we got another three points but it still does not alter the fact that they

do not bring each other into play often enough considering the number of

opportunities that arise over a game to do so.

Perhaps that is why three players at East Thurruck have scored approx.55 goals

in the league between them !!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

The three players in question are flair players and try to take players on and commit them.A rare thing in the modern game.Their aim is to break into dangerous positions to either shoot or cross the ball into the box..Ok,maybe they don't lift their head up enough,but i'll trade that for their desire to get into attacking positions..Lets be realistic,players at this level tend to be good at certain aspects of play and weaker in others aspects.If they were great at everything,they would be playing in the premiership.Its about getting balance in the team. Yes,maybe they are all too similar in playing style,Maybe three players like that playing together may leave us slightly unbalanced,but have we got enough talent and other options in the squad to leave out any of the three in question.Especially when they are probably our best players and give us the majority of our goalscoring chances?

Edited by lovely stuff

LS again what you say is both logical and practical.If we agree that the three players in question are probably the mainstay of talent within the team then my frustration is born out by seeing them far to often seemly unable to combine their talents, not only to the advantage of the team but of each other.

At any level chances are going to be missed but you can reduce the risk of these if you don't over complicate things.

In many sports coaches try to get players to think the phrase "little is more".

Saturdays first goal was a prime example of this in that they combine to score between them an excellent goal with out the frills.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals