Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Leamington

Reading Rebel

Leamington were one of the pre-season favourites to win the league but find themselves just above mid table due to being a bit inconsistent. 

They gave us a bit of a spanking at their place earlier in the season and are coming off the back of an excellent win at Hungerford.

Two teams in form, should be a cracking game!

If everyone is available my starting 11 would be:

Scott

Dhillon  Hollis  Hicks  Stonehouse

W. Harris  Webb  Hope/Rumbold  Putman

Barney  Smith

Edited by Reading Rebel

Will there be a match preview on the Club web-site today?

(I know there usually is one on a Friday, but have noticed the result on Tuesday has not been updated, and there isn't a match report either.... so wondered whether whoever does the updates is on holiday or unwell).

If everyone was available my starting 11 for Leamington would be

Scott

Fraser Hollis  Hicks  Stonehouse

J.Parsons[first half]  Rumbold  Webb  Putman

Barney Smith

Subs: W. Harris [second half] Hope  Coyne  Dhillon  S.Harris

Close call between Hopey and Rummy, neither player deserves not to be in starting 11 

3spirit your so boring!! Thought you would have gone for Fraser and Hollis upfront with Gokmen just behind!! Lol

Now that is silly !

Alas poor old 'Gary' Gokman  misses out on the subs bench.  Didn't think I'd be picking Paul Coyne ! ha ha !

Joking aside, the team formation 4-4-2 is very much the trademark of Bakes and Unders teams, so the players are used to that set pattern and is the norm for our current squad.

My favoured formation wouldn't be a 4-4-2. 

Will there be a match preview on the Club web-site today?

(I know there usually is one on a Friday, but have noticed the result on Tuesday has not been updated, and there isn't a match report either.... so wondered whether whoever does the updates is on holiday or unwell).

My preview is now on the main site.

Scott

Barney Smith

Close call between Hopey and Rummy, neither player deserves not to be in starting 11 

Does Jhai Dhillon deserve not to be in the starting 11?

Did he play well at right back and grab his chance on Tuesday?

If so why wouldn't he be in the starting 11?

Edited by Reading Rebel

Scott

Barney Smith

3spirit, Jake Parsons is still on the comeback trail so not sure why you'd pick him to start the game over Warren Harris.

For me Wazza has now started to look more like his old self and would be one of my first names on the team sheet.

3spirit, Jake Parsons is still on the comeback trail so not sure why you'd pick him to start the game over Warren Harris.

For me Wazza has now started to look more like his old self and would be one of my first names on the team sheet.

Ed, read the first line of his post again :)

There's an IF

Have to agree with RR  expecting an entertaining game  Leamington have the second best defence in the league (28) and only the top four teams have lost fewer away games I expect their game plan will be to shut up shop and hope to catch us on the break Lets hope for a third consecutive win to further boost team spirit/morale.

Not sure what you mean HR.

I've read it that if both Jake Parsons and Warren Harris are available, which they are, 3spirit would start with Jake Parsons first half and then bring Warren Harris on for the second half.

Don't know what's not to get, RR.

Sean Fraser for me at right back [haven't seen Jhai play yet at right back either, so easy decision].  

I would give Jake Parsons 45 minutes first half, and Warren Harris 45minutes in the second half.

Had Rummy been available, because of his experience I opted for him but have no qualms with Ryan Hope starting.

Sues sick in bed so fingers crossed she's in that shed

Strange place to put your ill Mum, in the garden shed? !  Bit cold on a Friday night ! ha ha !