Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 16th April Match Thread

What can I say about today.  Great if it goes your way and dreadful if it doesn't.  We did well to come out with a point in our home game and we were no less fortunate today.

After a sluggish opening from both sides Camberley failed to deal with a ball and the Epsom striker didn't need to be asked twice to take advantage and finished really well.  Epsom then proceeded to dominate the majority of the 1st half and they went close on a couple of occasions.  We could also count ourselves lucky that we sill had 11 at half time.

I honestly thought that we would pick it up 2nd half but Epsom just did not let us and frankly no-one could argue when they got a 2nd.  In fact they then missed a decent chance to make it 3.  As the 2nd half wore on though it did look like their efforts were taking a toll but we never really looked like scoring.  Then madness took hold for 5 minutes.  First we won and scored from a free kick.  A minute later a wicked deflection off our striker made it 2-2.  then in the 89th minute an Epsom striker went down in the box and it looked a penalty.  Nothing given and we played the ball up the park and a lovely pass left our striker 1 on 1 and despite the pressure he put us 3-2 up.  Epsom then had 1 chance to equalise but the shot went straight at Bradshaw and that was that.

In both games Epsom and have out fought us and will probably feel aggrieved form some decisions today however I have been around long enough to know we need to take everything we get and today was one of those times !

What can I say about today. Great if it goes your way and dreadful if it doesn't. We did well to come out with a point in our home game and we were no less fortunate today.

After a sluggish opening from both sides Camberley failed to deal with a ball and the Epsom striker didn't need to be asked twice to take advantage and finished really well. Epsom then proceeded to dominate the majority of the 1st half and they went close on a couple of occasions. We could also count ourselves lucky that we sill had 11 at half time.

I honestly thought that we would pick it up 2nd half but Epsom just did not let us and frankly no-one could argue when they got a 2nd. In fact they then missed a decent chance to make it 3. As the 2nd half wore on though it did look like their efforts were taking a toll but we never really looked like scoring. Then madness took hold for 5 minutes. First we won and scored from a free kick. A minute later a wicked deflection off our striker made it 2-2. then in the 89th minute an Epsom striker went down in the box and it looked a penalty. Nothing given and we played the ball up the park and a lovely pass left our striker 1 on 1 and despite the pressure he put us 3-2 up. Epsom then had 1 chance to equalise but the shot went straight at Bradshaw and that was that.

In both games Epsom and have out fought us and will probably feel aggrieved form some decisions today however I have been around long enough to know we need to take everything we get and today was one of those times !

Get it right Krooner;

"Nothing given and we played the ball up the park and a long hoof up the field put our striker 1 on 1 and despite the pressure he put us 3-2 up"

Edited by johnnojudo

Game at Cove off.

Now playing on Tuesday thwarting a last day of season drinky fest.

PLAN B = Banstead v Sheers off.

So went to Tooting Bec 2-2 Project Clapham.

Good stuff that and then 2nd half Tooting & Mitcham 3-0 Dorking Wanderers (0-0 at half time). Wanderers were crap!

A much better day than I had hoped at 10.30am!

Seen the Epsom report which I am sure Rich will post a link to soon enough.  As ever an excellent report.

Now seen the highlights and my (blinkered) view is that Bradders did not deserve to get sent off for the tackle.  It didn't show the other incident however it would appear from most accounts that we got away with that.

Now onto the penalty towards the end.  1st the Epsom player clearly took our player out from behind and we should have got a free kick.  2nd that is not a penalty.  Our player did not touch him and the Epsom player jumped into our player.

In saying all that Epsom deserved much more than they got yesterday :)

Why you finally admitting defeat and dropping down a level :)

Get back to the cleaning !

Dropping out of football all together. Can't hack it no more.

The banter on here is too much. And your banter gets worse and worse. Good luck in Southern south and west next season.

Dropping out of football all together. Can't hack it no more.

The banter on here is too much. And your banter gets worse and worse. Good luck in Southern south and west next season.

Thanks Jonno on all counts.  Look forward to welcoming you down next year as a fan.

Better late than never, here is the link to our match report.

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-50.html

Has to be said I thought our late chance was a clear penalty at the time I wrote the report, but haven't seen the highlights yet, which may show a different view. It was a frustrating day because I felt we played really well and was about to fill my match report with superlatives about how we had taken a massive step forward as a club and dealt with a good side and all they could throw at us. Unfortunately I had to rewrite some of that :)

The only thing keeping me sane right now is that going into the match, I felt that we were just too far away from Camberley in the table even if we were able to win. We needed to win against both them and Ashford, while Camberley needed to drop further points in two games and Ashford also needed to drop points elsewhere. The odds were against us, you might say and it was arguably a bigger game for Camberley, as one loss would make Ashford the favourites. Maybe they didn't play as well for that very reason, I don't know.

Of course, Ashford very nearly did drop points at Windsor and it did look exciting at half time as we would have been in second place at that point. It looks like we will finish seven or eight points short of both clubs and we have to sit down at the end of the season and analyse why we were just short. Nine sending offs didn't help us though and I look at the draconian 84 day ban handed out to Daryl Cooper-Smith just for patting an Assistant on the shoulder at Bedfont Sports and think that if he had played all season, then maybe we would have been chasing Hartley Wintney for the title instead of thinking about second, but it's all ifs and buts at this stage.   

Of all the other teams out there I like the Camberley guys. They have had a lot of crap to deal with over the last thirty years and we empathise with that, with neither team troubling the danger end of the table for much of that spell. If they go up, and I think they will, then I'm sure they'll be fine up there, especially as it looks like being the Southern League Central rather than the South and West that they would go into. Just as well with Hereford, Salisbury in there with Bideford and Paulton dropping in from the Premier Division. A tough ask.

There is still hope for Ashford of course and they will be relieved after using their own get out of jail free card on Saturday themselves. Pity they don't still have to play each other, but of course they visit us while Camberley visit Hartley who will be Champions by then. A good time to play them? Maybe, but local derbies are harder to call so you never know. 

Either way it's been a great season for the CCL.