Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Corey

OldTowner

I can add to ColdEnds post by mentioning Ricky Gabriel, Mick Parcell, Ottaway, Billy Crook, Samir,

We've had a number of pre season games v Pro Clubs you never know if a suitable loan signing is an option too.

Above everyone else's desires Brad will want as good a player as he can get AAs well.

It may be that Dernell Wynter steps up to the plate and bangs in 20-30 goals, he's still very young

Enfield town do need another striker. It will be very hard to replace Bobby and Corey. As a pair they were the best in the league (in my opinion).

It was also disappointing to see them both leave for free. Professional clubs were sniffing around and showing interest for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Agreed..Not sure we should be letting players of the quality of Corey leave the club without the club gaining in some way financially from losing such a big asset.Its been obvious for the last couple of seasons that Corey was a sort after player and that a club from a higher league would tempt him away at some point..Is it harder to have players under proper contracts nowadays than it was in the past at Ryman prem level?

Barry Fry would be turning in his grave (if he was dead) to see young talented players leaving a club for a higher level without getting some financial reward in compensation. 

Edited by lovely stuff

CD Towner... to say Brad has no record of signing proven RP or CS players is very harsh in my opinion -

Bobby Devyne -Signed by Brad now playing in National League South

Nathan Mcdonald - Signed by Brad and I would say arguably one of the best keepers at Ryman Level...

Claudio Vilciu - Signed by Brad now playing national league South for Stortford

Aryan Taj - Signed by Brad now in League Two with Crawley Town

I'm sure their are many more...

I agree we need a 20+ goalscorer but they are very hard to find and very expensive in wage terms...

I would agree that all players were excellent signing Cold End but just to correct a few things... Nathan was signed by George Borg and Bobby, Claudio, Aryan were all unproven at step 3 before they signed with us. Aryan in fact was released (justifiably IMO) by Bradley! Claudio is playing at a higher level but arguably for a poorer side than ET (I predict Stortford will be relegated this season).

Having said all the above, they were all decent signings for the club and credit for them but they were all from lower levels/unproven at step 3 and were mixed amongst other multiple signings of young players that didn't work out. My point being that it is less of a guarantee to sign such players. It can work out as has been shown with your Bobbys etc but it's less of a guarantee compared to a proven step 3/2 player. Bobby, Corey and Claudio leaving should have freed up considerable budget to get such a player (or 2) in.

I can add to ColdEnds post by mentioning Ricky Gabriel, Mick Parcell, Ottaway, Billy Crook, Samir,

We've had a number of pre season games v Pro Clubs you never know if a suitable loan signing is an option too.

Above everyone else's desires Brad will want as good a player as he can get AAs well.

It may be that Dernell Wynter steps up to the plate and bangs in 20-30 goals, he's still very young

Again mostly all of these from lower leagues EU and I've already commended the Billy signing.

If, as it has been assumed, neither Corey or Bobby D were under any form of

contractual arrangements then it would not be unreasonable of the members to ask the

board for an explanation as to why this was the case. It may be that due to our

financial position, only certain players are contracted on an annual basis. This is understandable as it can be costly , for a club at our level, to tie itself to any

one player for a longer period. But, as it has been previously said, the likelihood of them being sought after by other clubs was a real possibility then at least

contracts should have been offered to protect the clubs position.

That said, it does not alter the position of the squad needing at least one

experienced striker. Strangely I was advocating this early in the year, even when

Corey and Bobby where still with us.

Of course unbeknown to us this may be well in hand but since there appears to be

little official information coming forth from the club we can only assume the

position as we know it.

On a more optimistic note I look forward to hearing on Saturday that we have won,

and the who ever plays up front has scored a hat full of goals.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Hatful? One more than the oppo and I'll be doing cartwheels home.

Players don't have to sign contracts if they don't want to. Particularly when they know they are being watched, would you? A contract means you'd have to compensate the club for the loss of their player, it may scupper the players opportunity, it's a fine balance and it's strange that Corey has gone once his contract had expired and he'd reached 25 which means the club lose out on 'young player' development compensation deal. It is what it is and hopefully we can develope a good relationship with Dagenham over it

Both had been on contracts during previous seasons and I'd say the club had done all they could there. I'd presume Corey was reluctant to sign a new deal this season as the Dagenham opportunity has probably been developing over the last couple of months. The only thing that could be a dfurther disappointment would be if Corey were to progress further and we would have no sell-on clause in place.

Maybe we should have a club policy that if we offer a player a contract (even in its most basic form),and they are not willing to sign,then they don't play for us again until they do.I know we may lose the odd player because of that,but we'll lose them far too easily anyway if they are not contracted.And at least if they are on a contract we have a far better chance of being adequately compensated for losing our best players.

Thanks EU for your enlightenment !!!!

LS seem to have got my point.

AS you say EU it was widely acknowledged that it was only a matter of time that certain

players would leave for better things. Therefore, if at the end of their previous

contracts/agreements, new ones should have been offered.If refused by them, then the

club should have started preparing to find replacements.

I am not blaming the players in moving to try and reach their potential. I am, however,

questioning the club's actions. Being a Members owned Club does not mean you can give up on normal business principles. It can be a costly business, as we have seen in the past

couple of years, if attention to detail is overlooked.

As I said previously, in the absence of any official statement from the club,

our remarks can only be based on assumptions. No doubt all will be made clear in due

course.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

• 4 weeks later...

Goals win games and we have no natural finisher in the squad to get us 25 a season. I'm not worried at this stage but if promotion and play-offs as a minimum is the aim, I don't feel we are currently strong enough as a squad to achieve that. It is however a long season and I'm sure Bradley now has some playing budget to play with and hopefully get some proven players in but aside from Billy Crook, Bradley doesn't have a proven record of signing proven RP or conf south level players. Young players are all well and good but we definitely need an experienced forward.

Good luck to Corey

I refer to previous posts. The players that have come in appear to not be up to the job and will no doubt join the long list of players that Bradley has previously disposed of shortly after signing them.