Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
seemgee

Replay Maidstone

Team

Wright, Parcell, Rumens, Purse, McKenzie, Martin, Blackman, Youngs, Blake, Thomas, Greene

Subs

Quarrington- Carter, Ward-Cochrane, Moore, Kyriacou, Roberts, Hockney, Beattie

Town holding their own tonight so far  so good HT 0-0

all or nothing Roberts for McKenzie

FT 1-3 cup exit but the Towners can be rightly proud of the team.

FT 1-3 cup exit but the Towners can be rightly proud of the team.

True......

Well worth the journey up from Sussex.

Listened to the commentary on "Stones Live" last night. Great atmosphere - came across really well. I could tell that the players gave everything and that's all we can ask. It sounded like tiredness set in during extra time (which is not surprising), and we had nothing to lose when we threw players forward at 1-2 down. Shame the cup run is over but it was fantastic while it lasted. A real boost for the club and helped pull everybody together.

Two tough games coming up in the league - I hope the aching bodies recover and the players do us proud again.

Desperately disappointing, but the players gave every ounce over both games. Maidstone fans on the way out were commenting on what a good side ETFC were and how they'd "got away with it"!

Well done Town.

What a magnificent effort by our players last night just falling short in the second half of injury time against full time professionals.

Andy has put a side together that is going places thats for sure.

Well done everybody on and of the pitch and of course our magnificent fans.

Together we are stronger.

We have a good team which will get even better, prepare yourselves for a Playoff position come end of season. The new Town team is gelled, we have an opportunity to progress in the FA Trophy soon. Hopefully that’ll generate some further income and see us add one/two more better players come the New Year for that big push.

Billericay will win the league, no one can compete with their playing budget.

The rest of us are all on an equal level and I believe we have a tremendous management team which will deliver. We are now 9 games unbeaten in all competitions (90 Minutes) the next two games are big ones too, I’d target 4 points but 6 will have us bang on course. Up The Town

To echo what everyone else has said, a proud night for the club.

- Ryan Blake was MOM for me - tireless running throughout, a great outlet for the team, proving a point after a short spell on the bench.

- Another star performance from Joe in goal - really gives confidence at the back

- Every player can hold their head up high - the passion, commitment, fitness were excellent

- We have a team that in the space of 4 days played twice against GOOD National League opposition and were unbeaten. And there were a couple of chances we had at the end of normal time .. 

- And the support was  phenomenal Standing in the middle behind the goal, there was so much noise that different songs were coming from each side! Feels bigger and better than it was for last season's run in.

- We have a team that can get us into the playoffs ... was Wingate away really only a month ago? Hats off to Andy and his team for what they have created!

It really reminded me of 'the good old days' watching EFC battling professional sides in the FA Cup. An absolutely magnificent rearguard action. Some of the defending was nothing short of heroic. Plus ETFC now has players who will excite the fans - Ryan Blake and Aaron Greene to name but two. I thought Nathan Macdonald was a great keeper at this level, but Joe Wright was a deserved MOM last night - demonstrated by the Maidstone skipper/keeper Worgan applauding that choice.

Were it not for the fact that our boys must be exhausted after those two games in 3 days, then I'd really fancy us to get the win away at 'Ricay. In the circumstances I'll settle for a point.