Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rochdale

Nathan

I see 3 clear tv options, think fylde vs Wigan is a certainty then us/Rochdale and Gateshead/Luton are good shouts. Nothing else really jumped out. Are there normally 3/4 tv matches across BBC/BT?

Looking at the leagues those teams play in IMO we are a much better shout than Gateshead/Luton.

I think I'm right in saying that from the draw we are the lowest placed team playing at home against the highest placed team which hopefully will sway things.  

Love the draw, think it's got TV written all over it. To be fair BBC probably went to arbour park to see how well the TV would go!

Rochdale seem to travel reasonably well too so the atmosphere will be cracking!

I've got a feeling that they'll take us lightly too!

Should Fleetwood win tonight I'd say them vs Hereford is a certainty given Hereford's history, possibly Wycombe vs Billericay (assuming they beat Leatherhead) given Billericay's high profile, but how they could justify them but not us vs Rochdale I really don't know!

Edited by Nathan

Am I right in saying 4 matches are selected for live tv? I think we have a chance of being on tv due to us being one of the lowest ranked teams left, at home helps I think and against a side 4 divisions above so a massive gulf in class (on paper!). The other ties I think could be considered for live tv are below (AFC Wimbledon and AFC Fylde are dead certs for selection).

Wycombe Wanderers v Leatherhead or Billericay Town

AFC Wimbledon v Charlton Athletic

AFC Fylde v Wigan Athletic

Notts County v Oxford City

Chorley or Fleetwood v Hereford

Edited by GlenSTFC

Ok let’s talk numbers! Say capacity is 2,000 I can’t see Rochdale bringing more than 250 especially if it’s on tv. So I’m hoping AP can be segregated in a way where it’s not set up like it was v Wycombe in the friendly where they basically had half the ground and it’ll be nowhere near full plus it means less tickets for Slough fans. I know it’ll all be discussed and worked on in the coming weeks.

Don't really care if we are on telly or not.

We have a home draw ( so first sellout at AP)

It's against a league team ( so we are underdogs , no what ifs , if we lose)

We are one hugely enjoyable , pressure free match , away from a 3rd round tie against a real big 'un

IF (and it is still a big IF) we are one of the TV games it opens up huge possibilities for new advertising, if only a one off which will bring in even more money.

They reckon last year Lincoln made half their total money from sponsorships and advertising in the FA Cup.

As Radders said their first choices are normally non league clubs at home against the bigger league clubs i.e. a much bigger chance of a cup upset.

Being that the BBC have now been to Arbour Park and with the BBC HQ being based in London must all be in our favour.

Don't think it will change much but BBC Sport are actually based in Media City, Salford. Still think we have a good chance of being on TV.