Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rochdale

Nathan

What are thoughts about ticket pricing for this match?

I think Rochdale charge around £20 to £22 at their ground, so would it be about midway £16, and the same at theirs if there is a replay. Or the same as what the Club usually charge, and possibly £22 for us if we go to a replay at theirs.

The view of the Rochdale Manager: -

Manager Keith Hill has given his reaction to Dale’s Emirates FA Cup draw, which will see his side travel to Slough Town FC in the second round of the competition…

Hill believes the tie epitomises the magic of the cup and hopes the game will be selected for TV coverage.

“I think it’s a good fixture for the neutral,” he told iFollow.

“It’s potentially a standout tie and I hope we’re on TV. I think it could be a spectacle.”

The Rebels ply their trade in the Southern Premier League, football's seventh tier, but Hill says the gap in divisions will make no difference.

“The FA Cup is an equaliser. It doesn’t matter what tier you’re from – it’s an opportunity to live the dream.

“That’s whether it’s a league side playing a non-league side, or a league side playing against Premier League opposition.

“You only need to look at Lincoln City last season. They created the dream and everybody was on that boat. That’s what’s special about the FA Cup, and that will never change.

“It can be special and it brings two worlds together within one competition. When that whistle blows, anyone can win, and that’s what’ so special about it.”

Give season ticket holders a discount and then charge high and fleece as many of the glory hunters as possible - fill the coffers, that is what the FA Cup is about.

Personally I would keep it simple, £10 for all (adults, seniors & children), sell the place out, hope it creates a fantastic atmosphere that helps our players to a famous victory.... and then cross my fingers and hope all the new attendees have had such a great day that a few hundred of them return for league matches.

Personally I would keep it simple, £10 for all (adults, seniors & children), sell the place out, hope it creates a fantastic atmosphere that helps our players to a famous victory.... and then cross my fingers and hope all the new attendees have had such a great day that a few hundred of them return for league matches.

I wouldn't charge a child the same as an adult.

We need to look beyond this game and keep trying to attract the younger supporters and what better opportunity than the Rochdale game to do this?

Edited by Reading Rebel

If we’re on tv I’d keep the prices as they are normally as that’ll give us the best chance of selling out. Plus if both clubs are making £72,000 each from BT then it’s more likely Rochdale would agree to it. The aim is to attract as many of these newbies back whether as a regular or a casual fan. Same goes for any companies who for the first time get involved in sponsoring for this match.

This tie is a sellout no matter what the tv status . I've had over 20 requests for tickets from family and friends. Not one has asked about the price or if it's on TV.

Already told them I don't think I'll manage to get them a ticket.

I personally would keep the admission the same price or do something innovative like make it £20 and say the ticket also gives you a free entry to the next league game.

I certainly would start selling tickets at the next league game , one per attendee and one per season ticket holder ( so they get at least 2 each)

Should mean we get a 1000+ crowd for the Weymouth match.

It’ll be fantastic to see 2,000 at AP although I think the club will have logistical nightmares in how to segregate. Rules state we need to give Rochdale a minimum 300 tickets and if it’s on tv that allocation would be fine. Problem is I can see us giving the same arrangement as per Wycombe which is in essence half the ground! I’d personally put a fence/gate halfway across one of the end terraces and the other just before the small seated stand and offer them 50 seat tickets in that stand, this would offer them more than 300 tickets.

The rules do NOT state a MINIMUM of 300 tickets (15%). The rules state UP TO 15%

As per the rules of the FA Cup: "In all matches preceding the Semi-Finals, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up to 15% of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these tickets are in a fully segregated area