Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
littlehampton

New Signing for Town

Ahead of our away IPL match tomorrow afternoon at AFC Hornchurch, it has just been announced that Andy Leese has moved quickly to sign 24 year old left-sided defender Jay Porter from the Urchins.

Jay was previously at Thamesmead Town, where he made 120 appearances, before joining Hornchurch, where he made 43 league appearances for the Urchins  as they clinched the Bostik Division One North title last season.

Great news.  Welcome Jay!

Jay was recently described on a radio programme by the vcd manager as one of the best left backs in our league and could play at a higher level.Lets hope he can achieve that with us.🙏well done Mr Chairman and Andy for getting this one over the line.

Should make tomorrow's game interesting.COYT.

So we've swapped Left-backs with Hornchurch? I guess tomorrow we'll get an idea who did the best bit of business! It seems Remi has gone back to his former Thurrock manager, so presumably the (now) Hornchurch manager rates Remi as better than Jay.

Exactly what I was thought CC - and I assume both cup tied for velocity final!

Remi started the season extremely well for us but wouldn't say that was maintained. When I look on twitter, Hornchurch fans seem v unhappy about Jay going so hopefully we have the better of the deal!