Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The great escape

urchinman1961

From my point of view i think the visiting team and fans thought an easy 3 points but you never write off the Urchins last  kick of the game and by home boy Sunny Dutton well you couldn't make it up.As for the visitors great side, if they get promoted will do well,different side from last season as for the fans where did they all come from but fair play to them added to the atmosphere 

To me it looked like one of those games(and we’ve had a few this season) where we deserved to get something out of the game and not managed it - but no, we did get a result but my goodness we cut it close. Soft first goal from them to take the lead against the run of play at that time but Haringey’s second was a quality strike early second half. You’d think game over but Hornchurch clearly hadn’t read the script and were always a threat going forward. Two decent goals from us, really pleased for Sonny Dutton. Excellent support from Haringey(minus the drum) , they did seem to have picked up an awful lot of extra support from somewhere though. Decent game and I think a fair result 

Yep, looked like it was going to be a repeat of Bishops Stortford where we did everything but score. 
A neutral would have had difficulty in deciding who was the play-off team.
Second half was much improved and the tactical switch to three in midfield to let Saunders roam worked well. 
A textbook example of why you play to the 95th minute and well done to Sonny, not very many senior minutes but composure beyond his years in a crowded penalty area.

The result also crowns Dorking Wanderers as champions, another team much improved from last year but also now playing on 4g this year - is it just coincidence with Worthing in 4th that's 3 out of 4 although Harlow also have 4g and another heavy defeat at home today has moved them to the bottom of the table.

So, still 8 points clear of the relegation zone and only 4 games left, two of which are at home against the bottom two. Still not mathematically safe but difficult to see Hornchurch not in the Premier League next year.

that was an excellent game of football all round and the lads should take some confidence that they can compete with the top sides in this league once again. Sonny Dutton did brilliantly to put that ball away for a deserved first goal as an urchin and i hope he kicks on from it and continues to show he is a player for the future.

Looking forward to the cup final on Wednesday

Archived