Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A Forum Reborn.

When I returned to the SSML forum a couple of months ago after a couple of years away I really did think the SSML forum was dead and buried but I was wrong.

Glad to see this forum and the CCL forum are showing good signs that they are still alive and kicking. 

Keep posting.

:thumbup(2):

Such a shame that I no longer have an active interest in CCL matters these days.  I made a lot of friends during my time with Dorking F.C.

I still 'follow' Dorking Wanderers Reserves in Div. 1 from afar, obviously.

5 hours ago, Big J R said:

Such a shame that I no longer have an active interest in CCL matters these days.  I made a lot of friends during my time with Dorking F.C.

I still 'follow' Dorking Wanderers Reserves in Div. 1 from afar, obviously.

You still keep posting which is the main thing :thumbup(2):

14 hours ago, Savagebee said:

You still keep posting which is the main thing :thumbup(2):

Thanks !!

I know I've mentioned it before but I wonder what became of Loosely, does anybody know, he was such a hoot wasn't he and the Southill Alexander debacle was just a disaster and embarrassment for the poor guy, I really felt for him as I think his heart was actually in the right place but he didn't do himself any favours by being so arrogant and such a know it all.

Another strange poster on here from a while back was 3Praise, I wonder what became of him, I couldn't make him out as he was a bible basher wasn't he and professed to following Haringey Borough but I didn't have a clue who he was, he actually seemed quite a nice guy but, as I said, very odd, what's that saying up north, 'there's nowt as queer as folk'.

Is Football Man still alive and kicking out of interest, the last I heard was that he was on the Committee of the Ryman League having jumped ship as Secretary at Potters Bar Town after some five years however, although respected, he was always living in the shadow of the legendary Peter Waller at Parkfield with his dour demeanour and often unhelpful and unaccommodating approach.

Oh Cliff, how I’ve missed your passive aggressive comments and loaded diatribes!! Welcome back old boy!! Hope you’ve been enjoying your travels around the world. Have seen some photos of you online at various different footballing arenas abroad. Hope you’re well 

On 16/08/2019 at 17:34, Rhodes said:

Is Football Man still alive and kicking out of interest, the last I heard was that he was on the Committee of the Ryman League having jumped ship as Secretary at Potters Bar Town after some five years however, although respected, he was always living in the shadow of the legendary Peter Waller at Parkfield with his dour demeanour and often unhelpful and unaccommodating approach.

I saw him only last week at Bishops Stortford as Hoddesdon travelled to play Enfield FC at the Pro Kit UK stadium. 

Hi Jonno, thanks for your post, it's a crying shame Hoddesdon Town aren't still in the SSML, how are you getting on in the lower profile Essex Senior League, I suppose it is a far easier route to Step 4 isn't it as Haringey Borough found to their delight and the rest has been history for them, they would still be languishing in the SSML Premier Division.

47 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Hi Jonno, thanks for your post, it's a crying shame Hoddesdon Town aren't still in the SSML, how are you getting on in the lower profile Essex Senior League, I suppose it is a far easier route to Step 4 isn't it as Haringey Borough found to their delight and the rest has been history for them, they would still be languishing in the SSML Premier Division.

Lower profile??? I would disagree entirely. Attendances in the ESL are far superior to the SSMFL. Travelling support in the ESL is incredible and makes for much better atmospheres at games. I’ve lost count of the one man and his dog games I have seen in the SSMFL. I also think the administration as well as the social media presence of the ESL absolutely blows the SSMFL out of the water. A change is as good as a rest and to be honest, I don’t miss the SSMFL at all. 

Jonno - Surely Roger doesn't prefer the Essex Senior League to the SSML, it is nowhere near as refined is it and I expect some of the behaviour and language in the majority of the away board rooms is quite uncouth

Jonno - So you are saying that there is snobbery in the SSML then particularly in some boardrooms

13 hours ago, Jonno said:

That’s why I prefer it!!!!! ?

:lol4:

On 19/08/2019 at 11:27, Jonno said:

I saw him only last week at Bishops Stortford as Hoddesdon travelled to play Enfield FC at the Pro Kit UK stadium. 

How is Football Man these days, does he still have that dour demeanor about him, to be fair I have to give him praise for the countless games he attends over a season, you can't knock him for that and his love for the beautiful game.

On 20/08/2019 at 21:01, Rhodes said:

Jonno - So you are saying that there is snobbery in the SSML then particularly in some boardrooms

Perish the thought Clifford, old boy!!

21 hours ago, Rhodes said:

How is Football Man these days, does he still have that dour demeanor about him, to be fair I have to give him praise for the countless games he attends over a season, you can't knock him for that and his love for the beautiful game.

Unfortunately we didn’t get a chance to chat but he looked like he was doing well. He’s not dour!

Jonno - How is Roger by the way and is Jane still at Lowfield, she was one of the best administrators I have dealt with, unlike some, I assume that your match programme is still like War and Peace.

HTFCew was another odd poster from back in the day, I wonder what happened to her, is she still at Hertingfordbury Park, she was quite mouse like and timid to meet but very pleasant, it's nice to see Hertford Town back at Step 4 although they did get lucky when London Colney surprisingly turned down promotion to the Ryman League in 2016/17

Archived