Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Potter's Bar capitulation

Jago

Rare for me to comment on the team's performance as I'm normally inebriated on Hasbeen's or looking after Baby Jago discussing the intricacies of Seria A.  Plus I know nothing about football.  But as everyone else is keeping their ink dry... that was really poor wasn't it? 

Not only that,  a win would have paid the wages for a week or so.  Make the players do community service until they have saved the UK economy the (£6750 + £3750 - £2250) which is the MINIMUM we appear to have squandered (see below).  That's what I say and I'm sure I'm not alone.  At a living wage of £10/h that's £8250/10  which is 825 hours for the team as a whole to do something more useful than poncing about at Potters Bar.  I'm not sure if Mr Stimson and his coaching crew are paid, but assuming they are,  825 hours divided by say 15 people is 55 hours' community service each. 

So next time I'm in Havering I am looking forward to a pothole-free driving experience and some much happier folk in the local retirement homes.

Rant over!

Jago.

image.png.4426cf600d70b0994d0da2705b511acd.png

A bit strong that Mr Jago. Admittedly we seemed a bit flat in the first half, but sometimes you have to admit you were beaten by the better side on the day. Potters Bar did their homework well, defended superbly and took their chances. End of story.

I wasn't at the game (house renting saga continues!) but I'm been reliably informed that we played a bit too much long ball and their centre halves basically dealt with that.

It's a real shame as this is the one competition that you can really earn the bucks from (See Jago's somewhat comprehensive post on it).

These things happen - we're well placed in the league and need to concentrate on that.

We certainly played into their hands Saturday!

Long ball for 90 minutes against a team with two huge centre halves was never gonna end well and they dealt with absolutely everything! Every touch seemed to come away from us, our passing was sloppy and I dont think their keeper made a save (or a dive for that matter)

Its annoying as I think most of us wanted a nice cup run but we have started the season really well and played some unreal stuff to go with it.

Just a bad day at the office!

Very disappointed. I have questions but not any answers. Why the long ball all of a sudden? Passing was a bit off at times and why didn’t we have any any answers to poor Chris being sandwiched between two big defenders which effectively cut him out of the game? Why wasn’t George zooming up the wings and getting in his super crosses? Why wasn’t there a dramatic change at half time after a team talk?

Sad as I was convinced we would have a nice run and have cash in the bank.

15 hours ago, Kel said:

A bit strong that Mr Jago. Admittedly we seemed a bit flat in the first half, but sometimes you have to admit you were beaten by the better side on the day. Potters Bar did their homework well, defended superbly and took their chances. End of story.

Yes.   I apologise...  I've calmed down a bit now.    A bit!  :)

And yes - indeed - well done to Potters Bar.   Decent fans too and  I particularly liked their flag  - "Tra La La, We're Potters Bar"  (!)

Onwards and Upwards!

Archived