Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Spurs clashes

Stanners66

I’ve not done the mathematics on this but it seems that we have had far more Saturday home games on the same day as the club up the road this season compared to previous seasons. For the first time I can recall we are not the top supported London club in the league, ironically behind the team from White Hart Lane. Thoughts? Solutions?

So are we suggesting that Haringay have had their home fixtures adjusted to coincide with Spurs playing away? Thus maybe effecting our gate,with Spurs fans not being able to see as many Town games as they normally would? Maybe something for the board to bring up at the next League meeting.Don't want it happening every season.

They are the nearest team to the spuds. Should the league change every team in north London to avoid both spuds and arsenal in the east the mighty hammers the south palace. Maybe let’s play no games on a Saturday or Sunday but hey midweek might clash with Europe . It’s just a case of get on with it many clubs face the same issues

14 minutes ago, exiled down south said:

They are the nearest team to the spuds. Should the league change every team in north London to avoid both spuds and arsenal in the east the mighty hammers the south palace. Maybe let’s play no games on a Saturday or Sunday but hey midweek might clash with Europe . It’s just a case of get on with it many clubs face the same issues

Are we really saying that it is ok for the Isthmian League to manipulate fixtures to match up  with another teams fixtures in a different league? I personally hope the league are not doing this.Especially as it would penalises our club if that IS happening.

5 hours ago, Stanners66 said:

I’ve not done the mathematics on this but it seems that we have had far more Saturday home games on the same day as the club up the road this season compared to previous seasons. For the first time I can recall we are not the top supported London club in the league, ironically behind the team from White Hart Lane. Thoughts? Solutions?

Might have something to do with free season ticket there still.

14 hours ago, lovely stuff said:

Are we really saying that it is ok for the Isthmian League to manipulate fixtures to match up  with another teams fixtures in a different league? I personally hope the league are not doing this.Especially as it would penalises our club if that IS happening.

18 hours ago, Stanners66 said:

Is that what the above post wants the league to do

43 minutes ago, exiled down south said:

Do you think that the premier league randomly select big matches on the same Sunday for there super Sunday’s 

From my understanding the premier league provide a random fixture selection.Under pre-arranged TV rights some of the saturday fixtures will be changed to sunday/monday.The only other changes that occur would be for policing concerns,european games,xmas fixtures.

6 hours ago, lovely stuff said:

I thought the only fixtures allowed to be manipulated in an otherwise random fixtures draw was for Boxing Day .Or am i being naive?

3 hours ago, lovely stuff said:

From my understanding the premier league provide a random fixture selection.Under pre-arranged TV rights some of the saturday fixtures will be changed to sunday/monday.The only other changes that occur would be for policing concerns,european games,xmas fixtures.

Of course you believe that if you like 

From the Premier League website:-

Producing the full fixture list is no random draw. It is the result of a meticulous and painstaking process that lasts almost half a year and involves the scheduling of 2,036 matches across the top four divisions.

Do clubs from the same area play at home on the same day?

Most clubs will have a partner club that they cannot clash with. There are the obvious ones - Manchester United and Manchester City, Liverpool and Everton - and then when you get into London it gets a bit more complex and less obvious.

Fuller explanation here:-

https://www.premierleague.com/news/261976

14 hours ago, exiled down south said:

Do you think that the premier league randomly select big matches on the same Sunday for there super Sunday’s 

The so called super Sunday's are just a tv thing bigging up the games they will be selling you to watch and the fixture schedules are a different matter but all this can't have an effect on the way we run our club

21 hours ago, exiled down south said:

Every team in the premier league has to have a minimum of 5  league games shown live.So it is not just big games that are picked for TV.

Archived