Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

End Of Season

Step 7 Jim

Just read on Twitter, that the season has been called off for all step 5 and 6 leagues. I’ve a feeling this could be contested by some clubs (MY opinion). I can understand the the reason for this, as the fixture congestion, the start of next season, no one knows when this virus will come to an end, etc., is going to be a nightmare. What the next step is, who knows?!?

2 minutes ago, Step 7 Jim said:

Just read on Twitter, that the season has been called off for all step 5 and 6 leagues. I’ve a feeling this could be contested by some clubs (MY opinion). I can understand the the reason for this, as the fixture congestion, the start of next season, no one knows when this virus will come to an end, etc., is going to be a nightmare. What the next step is, who knows?!?

I'm not surprised to hear this newes.

At this rate I cant see next season starting on time? 

It’ll probably start in September, and any cup games will be finished on the day (with no replays). It’ll be a logistical nightmare, which the fa will go running around like a headless chicken, when it comes to the lower non league, as usual.

7 minutes ago, Step 7 Jim said:

It’ll probably start in September, and any cup games will be finished on the day (with no replays). It’ll be a logistical nightmare, which the fa will go running around like a headless chicken, when it comes to the lower non league, as usual.

Its going to be interesting that's for sure.

Whatever the result, the fact is this....  This virtual 'Marshal Law' is the right course of action. COVID19 is a really nasty, quickly transmitted, and so far, virtually un-treatable illness for the seriously infected.  Vaccine is probably months away.  This virus could quickly mutate into another form.

Archived