Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

13 hours ago, LondonEagle said:

LondonEagle - Is that through gritted teeth

The source of the twinkling light show was of course from neighbouring club Real Bedford who beat London Lions 2-0 to deservingly be crowned Champions of the Spartan Spartan South Midlands Premier Division. Congratulations to the Pirates who will play step four football next season.

A recent interview with Mr McCormack, by Media and Communications Manager Will Roberts, following Real Bedford's Championship win on Tuesday evening as well as the $4.5 million investment in the Club:

Chairman Peter McCormack provides an update all goings on at Real Bedford after a historic week for the Club.

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

LondonEagle - Is that through gritted teeth

The source of the twinkling light show was of course from neighbouring club Real Bedford who beat London Lions 2-0 to deservingly be crowned Champions of the Spartan Spartan South Midlands Premier Division. Congratulations to the Pirates who will play step four football next season.

They've well deserved to win the title. Played some very good football this season. Rob Sinclair is clearly a very good young Manager.        

Sorry to do yet another Tommy SteeIe folks but 'what a picture, what a picture, what a photograph' this time of Real Bedford Chairman Mr McCormack with Club Manager Rob Sinclair following Real Bedford's Championship win at McMullen Park on Tuesday evening:

Just to say that we have not totally forgotten about Real Bedford Ladies following the astonishing achievements of Real Bedford's Men's team who secured the SSML Premier Division Championship on Tuesday evening at McMullen Park with a SSML Premier Division Cup Final to come next week. Disappointingly the Ladies have no fixture on Sunday however travel to Royston Town Ladies on Wednesday evening (24 April) for an Eastern Region Women's League Premier Division encounter under the Garden Walk floodlights, very oddly the same night as the aforementioned Men's Cup Final with Cockfosters, and then entertain 'old foes' Luton Town Ladies at McMullen Park on Sunday 28 April who they will meet again just three days later, on Wednesday 1 May, in the return Eastern Region Women's League Premier Division fixture, again under floodlights, at Sharpenhoe Road. The Ladies are pretty much 'home and hosed' now with five remaining League fixtures compared to their nearest challengers, Haringey Borough, who have just two games remaining, you wouldn't therefore blame the Ladies for thinking about their Bedfordshire FA Women's County Cup Final, on Wednesday 8 May against AFC Dunstable Ladies at Kempston Rovers FC, followed by their season 'swan song' and the Eastern Region Women's League Cup Final, on Sunday 19 May, against Wroxham FC Ladies at Newmarket Town FC.

Here we go folks, Real Bedford are still well on course for the Premier League for the 2031/32 campaign, no difficulties thus far:

Mr McCormack is everywhere at the moment isn't he, and rightly so following his astonishing achievements with Real Bedford over the last two seasons, this time he is guesting on this week's other Non League Show with presenter Tim Fuell, fast forward to just over sixteen minutes into the Show:

The Non League Football Show / 19th April 2024 - South Shields and Real Bedford (audioboom.com)

This week  bumper show and one all about the people and not necessarily the lifting of trophies, despite the time of the season. 
First up a fan who has had a week he will surely always remember but perhaps not for the best of reasons, Dean Knight this time last week was a typical fan helping organise a supporters bus to a play-off chasing match at the weekend. On Saturday evening he was being rushed to hospital 120 miles from home after a bus crash left him and another 15 or so South Shields fans injured and shaken up. Thankfully, everybody survived and are on the mend, but it was the reaction from fellow fans, fans from all clubs even rivals that captured my attention and captured the heart of Dean as the non league football family pulled together. 
Talking about the non league family pulling together, my next guest is a Chairman who has been the focus of some ridicule since coming into the game, however back to back promotions, for his Real Bedford side and new investment from American Billionaires, suggest Peter McCormack might just be onto to something with his non traditional approach.
Rounding it all up is the Non League Paper’s Jon Couch, previewing the National League’s final set of normal fixtures, Managerial changes and the scrapping of FA Cup Replays in the proper rounds.

Lets get ready to rumble then for the final League fixture of the 2023/24 campaign albeit with the SSML Premier Division Championship already won, there will be a live stream from Crofters End:

GLhHceTXwAAiVUk?format=png&name=small

Posted (edited)

Was anybody aware that boss Rob Sinclair ran the London Marathon yesterday (Sunday 21 April) to raise money for 'Leukaemia Care' in honour of his Grandfather, see the link below to make donations. In addition two of the Real Bedford Ladies players, Georgie Giddings and Gemma Croucher, also ran the Marathon in London, it's just one good news story after another at the Club isn't it, see another link to Georgie's Charity 'Children with Cancer':

Rob Sinclair is fundraising for Leukaemia Care (justgiving.com)

Children with Cancer UK: Georgie Giddings Fundraising Page (enthuse.com)

GLrFGN-XsAAFdFg?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Rhodes

On 20/04/2024 at 11:02, Rhodes said:

Lets get ready to rumble then for the final League fixture of the 2023/24 campaign albeit with the SSML Premier Division Championship already won, there will be a live stream from Crofters End

Highlights from the live stream and the slightly disappointing 1-1 draw against bottom of the table Sawbridgeworth Town on Saturday to bring the curtain down on the hugely successful 2023/24 League campaign:

On 10/04/2024 at 17:19, Rhodes said:

Bulletin folks, the SSML Premier Division Cup Final between Real Bedford and Cockfosters will take place on Wednesday 24 April at Colney Heath FC, kick off 7.45pm

Will it be another League and Cup double for Rob Sinclair's men on Wednesday evening:

On 19/04/2024 at 10:37, Rhodes said:

Mr McCormack is everywhere at the moment isn't he, and rightly so following his astonishing achievements with Real Bedford over the last two seasons, this time he is guesting on this week's other Non League Show with presenter Tim Fuell, fast forward to just over sixteen minutes into the Show:

The Non League Football Show / 19th April 2024 - South Shields and Real Bedford (audioboom.com)

This week  bumper show and one all about the people and not necessarily the lifting of trophies, despite the time of the season. 
First up a fan who has had a week he will surely always remember but perhaps not for the best of reasons, Dean Knight this time last week was a typical fan helping organise a supporters bus to a play-off chasing match at the weekend. On Saturday evening he was being rushed to hospital 120 miles from home after a bus crash left him and another 15 or so South Shields fans injured and shaken up. Thankfully, everybody survived and are on the mend, but it was the reaction from fellow fans, fans from all clubs even rivals that captured my attention and captured the heart of Dean as the non league football family pulled together. 
Talking about the non league family pulling together, my next guest is a Chairman who has been the focus of some ridicule since coming into the game, however back to back promotions, for his Real Bedford side and new investment from American Billionaires, suggest Peter McCormack might just be onto to something with his non traditional approach.
Rounding it all up is the Non League Paper’s Jon Couch, previewing the National League’s final set of normal fixtures, Managerial changes and the scrapping of FA Cup Replays in the proper rounds.

Thanks for sharing all of these finds. Now that I'm back from my adventures, I'm enjoying catching up on the winners spoils. 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Thanks for sharing all of these finds. Now that I'm back from my adventures, I'm enjoying catching up on the winners spoils. 

RallyInRaleigh - Nice to see you here again, LondonEagle is as quiet as a Field, sorry, Church mouse isn't he, I wonder how confident he is of Bedford Town still making promotion through the Southern League Division One Central play-off's, starting with a home Semi Final against Ware by the looks of it and then with a difficult looking Final at home to AFC Dunstable or Waltham Abbey if they do happen to beat Ware, indeed both AFC Dunstable and Waltham Abbey won at The Eyrie in recent League matches. Anyway enjoy Real Bedford's SSML Premier Division Cup Final with Cockfosters on Wednesday which will thankfully be live streamed.

Edited by Rhodes

Posted (edited)

Wait for it folks, Real Bedford have released a special limited edition (of only 100) Champions shirt to celebrate the Club's Men's team winning a second consecutive League Championship and featuring a gold badge. Please don't all rush at once so as not to crash the website:

Limited Edition 1/100 - 23/24 Champions Shirt – realbedford

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com%2F5dcaaeaaa52ab803dd106a18d%2Fimages%2F4da024c3-a8eb-11b1-98fb-e9f690778593.png&t=1713868570&ymreqid=d41d8cd9-8f00-b204-1c2f-a6000f015b00&sig=zNBRI4ZMdPd4alrj9p5VVg--~D

Edited by Rhodes

Posted (edited)

A reminder, in the unlikely event you should need it, that Real Bedford Ladies travel to Royston Town Ladies Garden Walk home tomorrow (Wednesday 24 April) evening and a win will definitely secure the Eastern Region Women's League Premier Division Championship, if it hasn't Officially already been secured. It is very odd isn't it that the fixture is the same night as the Men's SSML Premier Division Cup Final, at Colney Heath against Cockfosters, I'm sure some, if not all, of the Ladies would have liked to be present at the Recreation Ground to support Rob Sinclair's heroes:

RBFC+2324+Fixtures+-+Square+(2).png

Edited by Rhodes

Look at this clip folks, sometimes words aren't needed are they and this is one of those occasions:

On 22/04/2024 at 15:50, Rhodes said:

RallyInRaleigh - Nice to see you here again, LondonEagle is as quiet as a Field, sorry, Church mouse isn't he, I wonder how confident he is of Bedford Town still making promotion through the Southern League Division One Central play-off's, starting with a home Semi Final against Ware by the looks of it and then with a difficult looking Final at home to AFC Dunstable or Waltham Abbey if they do happen to beat Ware, indeed both AFC Dunstable and Waltham Abbey won at The Eyrie in recent League matches. Anyway enjoy Real Bedford's SSML Premier Division Cup Final with Cockfosters on Wednesday which will thankfully be live streamed.

I literally came on straight after Real Bedford got promoted to say congratulations. They have only played 1 game since then!

BTFC are not definitely resigned to play-offs yet, will win the title on Saturday in the unlikely event that Biggleswade lose to Ware, assuming Eagles beat struggling North Leigh.   

Edited by LondonEagle

On 10/04/2024 at 16:09, Cruz said:

Just to say it was sad to hear the news recently of the death of former Bedford Town player Mick Collins who made over 200 appearances for the Club between 1963 and 1967, many as Captain. RIP Mick:

Rest in Peace Mick Collins | News | Luton Town FC

Michael Collins (footballer, born 1938) - Wikipedia

Very sad to hear this sad news, as a youngster in the sixties he was a hero of mine. Such happy days.

Cruz - Not Real Bedford but I have unearthed the teams from when Bedford Town hosted Everton in the FA Cup Fourth Round on Saturday 12 February 1966, you were in attendance I believe, I wonder whether Mick Collins and the great Brian Labone compared notes afterwards:

May be an image of text

Posted (edited)

A recent and interesting video entitled 'How Does A Bitcoin Football Club Actually Work' filmed during the fixture with Tring Athletic at McMullen Park on Saturday 13 April and including interviews with Club Officials, members and fans:

Bitcoin podcaster Peter McCormack bought Bedford FC in 2021. They became the first Bitcoin Football Club and recently secured a huge 4.5 million dollars worth of investment from the Winklevoss twins.

Edited by Rhodes