Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

Are we enjoying the live stream folks, 3-0 at half time 😉 and with Milton Keynes Irish only drawing 0-0 at lowly Stansted:

GJW_W7aWwAADS4d?format=png&name=small

Posted (edited)
On 07/03/2024 at 13:36, Rhodes said:

No problems for Rob Sinclair's men at Creasey Park on Saturday with an impressive 6-1 win, see the match report, a trip to Shefford Town & Campton awaits in the Quarter Finals of the SSML Premier Division Cup on Tuesday 19 March:

Real Bedford through to CUP QUARTER FINAL after putting 6 past Dunstable Town | Real Bedford FC | Running Bitcoin

Wind back to Saturday 10 February and groundhopper and blogger Oliver Sims was in attendance at Creasey Park for the impressive 6-1 SSML Premier Division Cup Second Round win, also see the match programme:

Sat 10th February - Real Bedford - Dunstable Town Flip PDF | AnyFlip

Edited by Rhodes

Good luck to Real Bedford Ladies tomorrow (Sunday 24 March) against Wootton Blue Cross Lionesses:

May be an image of text that says "REAL BEDFORD FC V WOOTTON BLUE CROSS BEDFORDSHIRE COUNTY CUP MCMULLEN PARK 24.03.24 2PM REAL 1 Blue Pootball Club galaxy"

Posted (edited)
On 23/03/2024 at 16:43, Rhodes said:

Good luck to Real Bedford Ladies tomorrow (Sunday 24 March) against Wootton Blue Cross Lionesses

Strangely, surprisingly and disappointingly Wootton Blue Cross Lionesses forfeited the Semi Final tie yesterday meaning that Real Bedford Ladies progress to the Final of the Bedfordshire FA Women's County Cup where they will meet AFC Dunstable Ladies who had surprisingly defeated Luton Town Ladies at Sharpenhoe Road last week on penalties following a 2-2 draw, the Ladies are now on course to win two Cup competitions this season in addition to the Eastern Region Women's League Premier Division Championship.  

Edited by Rhodes

Posted (edited)
On 23/03/2024 at 18:04, PatrollR24 said:

Certainly in Bedfords hands now! Back to their best today

PatrollR24 - Yes, that's right, an excellent 5-1 victory at McMullen Park on Saturday, see highlights from the live stream. Also see Dunstable Town's interesting post match discussion on their 'Talk Of The Town' Podcast: 

TALK OF THE TOWN: REAL BEDFORD POST GAME on Apple Podcasts

Edited by Rhodes

Also Groundhoppers report here: 

Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division
"Real" Bedford 5-1 Dunstable Town

Admission: £8, Programme: £2.50
Attendance: 150 h/c

From the start, Bedford pressed high while Dunstable sat back in two blocks of four to hold them at bay and try to carve out chances on the counter. This holding pattern lasted a while, but Bedford found the breakthrough on the half-hour when a favourable deflection in the box set Archie Jones one-on-one for an easy finish. It was 2-0 in the 41st minute as Dunstable defender Harry Beaumont scooped an attempted clearance into the six-yard box for Bedford's Joey Evans to head in. The third came in stoppage time as Jones muscled past a couple of challenges and placed his shot in the far corner.

Bedford continued to dominate possession in the second half and added a fourth in the 57th minute when a Dunstable defender deflected a cross into his own net. The away side had a good spell of their own for ten minutes or so following this and were rewarded with a 70th minute consolation goal, Alfie Osborne rising highest for a free header off the crossbar and in. Any hope of a miraculous comeback was quickly crushed though as Bedford scored their fifth two minutes later, Ben Stevens tapping in an Eddie Corbit cross. Dunstable were aggrieved by what they thought was a foul in the build-up, but the goal stood regardless.

"Real" Bedford seemed to be stumbling a little in recent weeks so I was hoping this would be reasonably competitive (not least because these sides drew in the reverse fixture a few weeks ago), but it wasn't even close in the end: Bedford were just better across the entire pitch and only failed to score more because they seemed determine to walk it in all the time (so much so that every single corner they took was a short corner routine). This was no doubt not helped by this being Dunstable's third match of the week, having also played on both Tuesday and Thursday. More disappointingly, Bedford have strengthened their position at the top of the table after another draw for MK Irish today.

So far, it's pretty clear that Bedford are spending much more on their squad than on their ground as it's still very much a work in progress and miles away from being good enough for their likely destination of Step 4 next season. A new covered area has gone in on the motorway side of the ground, with the only other covers being the two small seated stands closest to the clubhouse. There's only one entrance into the ground due to the close proximity of neighbours Bedford Town, and you pay at a pay hut by the entrance. However, it's positioned far enough from the pitch and with no enclosure shepherding you towards it that you could very easily just walk past and get in for free if you were so inclined. Club signage is everywhere at the ground, and I did find it interesting but unsurprising to note that all the advertising hoardings at the ground were Bitcoin-related.

Ultimately, this visit did not change my cynicism for the project this club represents, so I'm just glad to have got it done so I never have to go again (and also in case the issues they're having with the lease prove unresolvable and force them to leave).

On 23/03/2024 at 18:04, PatrollR24 said:

Certainly in Bedfords hands now! Back to their best today

It's certainly looking a lot better than it did a couple of weeks or so ago however Rob Sinclair's men aren't home and hosed yet are they:

4 hours ago, LondonEagle said:

Also Groundhoppers report here: 
"Real" Bedford 5-1 Dunstable Town

"Real" Bedford seemed to be stumbling a little in recent weeks. More disappointingly, Bedford have strengthened their position at the top of the table after another draw for MK Irish today. So far, it's pretty clear that Bedford are spending much more on their squad than on their ground as it's still very much a work in progress and miles away from being good enough for their likely destination of Step 4 next season. A new covered area has gone in on the motorway side of the ground, with the only other covers being the two small seated stands closest to the clubhouse. There's only one entrance into the ground due to the close proximity of neighbours Bedford Town, and you pay at a pay hut by the entrance. However, it's positioned far enough from the pitch and with no enclosure shepherding you towards it that you could very easily just walk past and get in for free if you were so inclined. Club signage is everywhere at the ground, and I did find it interesting but unsurprising to note that all the advertising hoardings at the ground were Bitcoin-related. Ultimately, this visit did not change my cynicism for the project this club represents, so I'm just glad to have got it done so I never have to go again (and also in case the issues they're having with the lease prove unresolvable and force them to leave).

LondonEagle - It's funny that you should suddenly post that when most of it is, unfairly (extracts above), quite critical of Real Bedford but thanks anyway, was it sour grapes out of interest after Bedford Town's latest defeat at Ware on Saturday, the third successive League defeat.

14 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

LondonEagle - It's funny that you should suddenly post that when most of it is, unfairly (extracts above), quite critical of Real Bedford but thanks anyway, was it sour grapes out of interest after Bedford Town's latest defeat at Ware on Saturday, the third successive League defeat.

Not at all. Just interesting I thought that somebody who obviously goes to non-league grounds all over the country at all levels thinks that McMullen Park is nowhere near up to Step 4 standard.  

Edited by LondonEagle

When will we know if McMullen Park is up to Step 4 standard? Fingers crossed.

Huge weekend results for Bedford. Far from at the finish line but suddenly hopes of finishing top of the table are back and in reasonable reach.

Chairmen has repeated several times that conditions at the club are already set for step 4 short of one minor adjustment (can't remember what exactly). I'd take his word over a fans, personally. I'm not surprised to hear that it's not the nicest of examples as why would they continue to invest given current lease conditions. 

Here's an interesting piece, written by journalist Tom Carr of the Bedford Independent, after Real Bedford's 2-1 win over Harpenden Town at McMullen Park on Tuesday 27 February, the same evening Bedford Town were beating Kempston Rovers 2-0 at The Eyrie. Mr Carr states that 'the Non-League game is as good as it gets in Bedford, as one of the biggest towns in the UK without a football league side we appreciate the Non-League arena more than most'.

The Resurgence of Non-League Football : More Than Just the Money (linkedin.com)

3 hours ago, Cruz said:

When will we know if McMullen Park is up to Step 4 standard? Fingers crossed.

Ground-grading deadline is March 31st, so presumably soon after that. Although I guess the lease issue complicates things as well.     

Clubs starting to announce they have passed theirs, so I guess there will be an announcement very soon.    

1000018230.jpg

Edited by LondonEagle

Posted (edited)

Ollie Bayliss's BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show last night (Monday 25 March) featured Rob Sinclair, fast forward to 33 minutes of the show for the interesting interview with Rob although it is all a good listen. Rob also took part in the 'Guess The Gate' quiz and incredibly got eight out of eight correct which is a very rare occurrence on the show, it goes to show how knowledgeable and astute he is:

The Non-League Show - New Managers Non-League Day and Title Races - BBC Sounds

Edited by Rhodes

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, LondonEagle said:

Ground-grading deadline is March 31st, so presumably soon after that. Although I guess the lease issue complicates things as well.     

Clubs starting to announce they have passed theirs, so I guess there will be an announcement very soon.    

LondonEagle - Codicote were in Division One of the SSML between 2012/13 and 2018/19 just like Bedford were in the SSML Premier Division in 2015/16, Bedford United & Valerio between 2002/03 and 2004/05 and Bedford United prior to that so most of the criteria is already in place anyway, admittedly the jump from Step 4 to Step 3 might be more tricky for Peter McCormack to negotiate when the time comes, i.e. at this time next season. You would like nothing better would you than Real Bedford failing to get promotion so they won't come face to face with Bedford Town next season in the Southern League Division One Central.

Edited by Rhodes

Posted (edited)

This evening's tricky looking SSML Premier Division fixture at Colney Heath's Recreation Ground will thankfully be live streamed:

Real Bedford Live Stream | Real Bedford FC | Running Bitcoin

Edited by Rhodes

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Ollie Bayliss's BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show last night (Monday 25 March) featured Rob Sinclair, fast forward to 33 minutes of the show for the interesting interview with Rob although it is all a good listen. Rob also took part in the 'Guess The Gate' quiz and incredibly got eight out of eight correct which is a very rare occurrence on the show, it goes to show how knowledgeable and astute he is:

The Non-League Show - New Managers Non-League Day and Title Races - BBC Sounds

Thanks for sharing. I'm loading it up now!

What an absolute SHOCKER. I still can't believe they pulled not one but two goals in the waning minutes to save the season. Had to have it with the Irish finding two goals of their own late to win. 

Posted (edited)
On 27/03/2024 at 12:05, RallyInRaleigh said:

What an absolute SHOCKER. I still can't believe they pulled not one but two goals in the waning minutes to save the season. Had to have it with the Irish finding two goals of their own late to win. 

RallyInRaleigh - Yes, see a match report and highlights of the livestream from the 2-1 win at Colney Heath on Tuesday, it reminded me of the Bayern Munich and Manchester United Champions League Final 😉:

Super Sub Hitchcock grabs last-minute winner at Colney Heath | Real Bedford FC | Running Bitcoin

Edited by Rhodes