Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Milton Keynes Irish

Also see some photographs from Manor Fields on Friday evening, courtesy of excellent Aylesbury United Club photographer Mike Snell:

MK Irish v Aylesbury United 2021

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Sorry about this folks but it's him I'm afraid, the Groundhopping FC guy who was at a wet Manor Fields on Friday evening for the exciting pre-season friendly fixture with Aylesbury United which Milton Keynes Irish won 3-2:

This guy takes and posts videos of non league games to help himself out from stressful situations he has had Nobody has tied you down and forced you to watch them, if you don't like them don't watch them simple.

Milton Keynes Irish continued their good pre-season form with a 2-1 win over St Albans City Under 23's this evening (Wednesday) at Manor Fields:

May be an image of text that says "MATCHDAY WEDNESDAY 14TH JULY NILTON KEYNES 20 20 CITY FOOTBALL PANSS BUD IRISH FC 1908 MILTON KEYNES IRISH VS ST ALBANS U23'S 19:45 KICK OFF MANOR FIELDS, MK2 2HX #UPTHEIRISH"

This should be an interesting one this evening at Manor Fields:

Billede

On 13/07/2021 at 14:38, the leatherhead lip said:

This guy takes and posts videos of non league games to help himself out from stressful situations he has had Nobody has tied you down and forced you to watch them, if you don't like them don't watch them simple

The Leatherhead Lip - I didn't say that I didn't like the videos

• 2 years later...

IrishRover - Welcome to the Forum, confidence is also high in the Real Bedford camp ahead of tomorrow's FA Cup Preliminary Round tie, may the best team win however you have to make Real Bedford favourites don't you:

https://www.realbedford.com/news/match-focus-real-bedford-play-mk-irish-at-mcmullen-park

May be an image of text that says "PIRATES V MK IRISH MILTON EYNES IRISH FC EMIRATES FA CUP 19.08.23 PUBHEY Luxor GEMINI IrisEnergy"

Irish gave us all we wanted last time out and they are coming off a big win. Bedford also looked much improved in their cup replay over FC Clacton. I think the Pirates get it done in a more convincing fashion this time around but if they play a similar contest to their first tie, I can't expect a positive result twice. 

Milton Keynes Irish's graphic for this afternoon's eagerly awaited FA Cup Preliminary Round tie, it's one of the ties of the round:

May be an image of 1 person, playing football, playing American football and text

The underdogs progress! Fantastic game of football today and MK Irish pick up the result they deserved on the opening day of the season, marching into the next round of the FA Cup. This is the furthest the club has ever been as MK Irish FC. Looking forward to the draw for the next round! UP THE IRISH

They played great! Hopefully you draw Bedford Town as I had wished for Real Bedford and know the birds from their perch :). That said, still hope you'll be looking up at the pirates at seasons end! I have my doubts, though :)

On 19/08/2023 at 20:05, IrishRover said:

The underdogs progress! Fantastic game of football today and MK Irish pick up the result they deserved on the opening day of the season, marching into the next round of the FA Cup. This is the furthest the club has ever been as MK Irish FC. Looking forward to the draw for the next round! UP THE IRISH

IrishRover - Congratulations, I won't say the best team won but good luck in the next round at East Thurrock United or Barton Rovers, see the full First Qualifying Round draw:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/443385/draw-released-for-first-round-qualifying-in-fa-cup/

Irish progress in the FA Vase with a comfortable 9-0 victory away vs Holmer Green. Aylesbury Vale in the next round away on September 23rd!

The Irish are in fine form in front of goal at the minute, 20 goals scored in their last 3 games is some stat!

A much tougher test comes on Tuesday at Manor Fields vs Tring Athletic, 7.45pm kick off!

MK Irish 5-0 Tring Athletic 

The score slightly flattering but another 3 points against a very good and experienced Tring side. Goals from skipper Ty Ward x2, Ryan Smith, Mason Davis, and rounded off by Shaheim Ward with his first in the Irish colours.

All attention turns to the FA Cup Saturday vs Barton Rovers. Here's hoping for another underdog upset in the FA Cup!

• 1 month later...

IrishRover - Its all gone quiet over there, its all gone quiet over there, its all gone quiet, its all gone quiet, its all gone quiet over there 😉:

• 3 months later...
On 08/03/2021 at 12:39, Rhodes said:

Coming back to Wolverton Town if I may, I have unearthed an interesting programme from a 1957/58 FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round tie, at London Road on Saturday 2 November 1957, between Peterborough United, who were then a Midland League Club prior to joining the Football League in 1960/61, and Wolverton Town & B.R. who at that time plied their trade in the Spartan League. Peterborough United won 7-0 however it was the furthest any Club under the Wolverton Town name ever progressed in the FA Cup, Wolverton Town & B.R. entered at the Second Qualifying Round stage and beat Biggleswade & District 7-0 and Vauxhall Motors (Luton) 2-1 en route:

No photo description available.

A throwback to the iconic stand at Wolverton Town who are very much part of Milton Keynes Irish's history when they became Unite MK in 2016 who then merged with Milton Keynes Robins in 2020:

No photo description available.