Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup Preliminary Round - Friday/Saturday 11/12 September

On 14/09/2020 at 09:58, Winslow Boy said:

Should have had it won by half time but then never really got going in second half. Few of the more experienced guys missing and it probably played a part, Risboro are a good team though, will be another tight affair on Saturday in the vase. 

I wouldn’t necessarily agree. Winslow edged the 1st half and Risborough dominated the 2nd half. Both teams giving everything and probably a fair result. Risborough fitness levels seemed to be a big factor. Side note, you can’t win a game in 45 mins, one of the most used quotes in footy, ‘it’s a game of two halves’!

Saturdays game could go either way.

I don’t disagree, dominated is a bit strong, a hell of a lot of long ball down that slope, physically they dominated for sure. Thought that Winslow were pretty comfortable in first half and most of first 45 in Risboro half, Haule coming on made a difference, his experience showed and Freshwater going off was a big moment. The winning goal was certainly coming, I said that for the last twenty minutes of second half. 

on your side note, yes and no, I’ve played in games where we had the game wrapped up at half time and games where we were dead and buried at half time, played in games where we had enough chances to win five games in first half and then ended up getting punished and vice versa. 

Risboro have a good chance of progressing in next round too. 

Saturday I expect will be another tight one, likely to be the odd goal again, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t. 

Archived