Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase First Round Proper - Saturday 31 October

On 28/10/2020 at 12:10, Rhodes said:

Annoyingly Walthamstow will be as fresh as daisies at Ampthill Park on Saturday as their Essex Senior League local derby at Clapton last night was 'abandoned' without a ball being kicked in anger due to the lines not being painted, it was a real French farce of Brian Rix proportions and he will no doubt be rolling around in his grave with laughter:

Billede

This reminds me of a FA Cup (I think. Karen will  correct me if I am wrong) many years ago.

London ASPA vs Colney Heath. No line markings. FA ordered the game to be played midweek at Colney Heath. London ASPA won the tie but were fined heavily by the FA.

12 hours ago, Rhodes said:

This tie has a preview on the London Football Guide, I wonder if North Greenford United were happy to kick off at 7.30pm on a Saturday, groundhoppers will have a field day though with 'doubles' and possibly even 'trebles':

A bit further afield
Sandhurst Town v North Greenford United @730pm - it's been pointed out to me by regular TLFG reader Chris H that NGU's match against Sandhurst has been moved to Saturday evening as they groundshare with Bracknell Town who are also playing that day. If you fancy two matches on Saturday then here's your opportunity. Bracknell is a one hour train ride from Waterloo and sits just off the M4 if you're driving

Tie now back to a 3.00pm kick off

58 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

Tie now back to a 3.00pm kick off

Why not just leave it as 7.30pm, I'm sure many groundhoppers had already planned their day so will be disappointed:

Tomorrow’s kick off time in the Vase has been brought forward we will now kick off at 3pm NOT 7.30 pm as Bracknell Towns trophy game has been postponed

STFC-Fixtures-North-Greenford.jpg

All of this weekend's FA Vase First Round proper fixtures, surprisingly only one forfeiture:

Billede

This afternoon's results:

The Buildbase FA Vase First Round

Ampthill Town 1 Walthamstow 1 (after 90 mins, Ampthill Town win 4-2 on pens)

Colney Heath 3 New Salamis 1

Fakenham Town 2 Crawley Green 1

Gorleston 4 Baldock Town 2

Milton Keynes Irish 2 Stansted 0

Mulbarton Wanderers 4 Newport Pagnell Town 0

Sandhurst Town 2 North Greenford United 6 (at Bracknell Town FC)

Worthing United 0 Edgware Town 3

Edited by Rhodes

6 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Mulbarton Wanderers 4 Newport Pagnell Town 0

A very disappointing result for  Newport Pagnell Town:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

28 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Milton Keynes Irish can do no wrong at present, here's the match programme and their line up with Shane Uings and Mason Spence getting the goals:

https://issuu.com/mkirishfc/docs/mk-irish-programme-stansted

Billede

1 hour ago, View from the Boundary said:

Stunning result for Edgware ?

Was it, Worthing United are only a Step 6 side aren't they playing in the Southern Combination Division One however it was a good win for Edgware Town at a nice scenic ground by the looks of it:

Billede

8 hours ago, Rhodes said:

YouTube highlights, I'm sure GRS67 will spot himself:

8 hours ago, Rhodes said:

This was a great result albeit against Step 6 opposition:

Billede

Some match reports thus far:

https://www.walthamstowfc.com/2020/10/31/ampthill-town-1-1-walthamstow-amps-win-4-2-on-penalties/

Colney Heath 3 New Salamis 1

Fakenham Town 2 Crawley Green 1

Gorleston 4 Baldock Town 2

https://www.gorlestonfc.com/Matchreport.aspx?id=476994

https://mkirishfc.co.uk/mk-irish-2-0-stansted/

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/10/31/buildbase-fa-vase-1r-mk-irish-2-stansted-0/

Mulbarton Wanderers 4 Newport Pagnell Town 0

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/10/31/buildbase-fa-vase-1r-mulbarton-rovers-4-newport-pagnell-town-0/

7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Fakenham Town 2 Crawley Green 1

A groundhopper from another Forum was at Clipbush Park, disappointing for Crawley Green to exit the FA Vase to a Step 6 side even though they top the Eastern Counties League Division One North having dropped just two points all season. So this is the same guy who complained to Karen last week about line ups not being made visible on a whiteboard or elsewhere by SSML Club's before matches:

FA Vase 1st Round proper - Fakenham Town 2 Crawley Green 1 - Admission £5 - Programme £1 - Attendance approx 150
A mini shock as Step 6 beat Step 5 in a match that took time to warm up before three goals in 8 second half minutes. First things first and I had a moan last week at Harpenden as it was a struggle to find out the teams. Well, Harpenden can learn a good lesson from visiting Fakenham, who, as well as printing a very impressive programme with a Halloween cover, they had a copy of the teams up in the window of the bar by 2.15. Very efficient and a good example for others to follow as was the track and trace and temperature checks.
Not too much to get excited about during the first half which was scrappy and played in heavy rain then sunshine which gave us a nice rainbow to look at (and a few photos were taken, although not by me).
Fakenham Town, aptly nicknamed the Ghosts on Halloween, took the lead on 65 minutes when a Lewis Sturman free kick fell kindly to Josh Youngs to lash the ball home from 8 yards. The lead lasted barely 5 minutes when a Tyler Ingram strike from distance was tipped onto the bar but Luke Andrews was quick to follow up to score. The Ghosts were soon back in front with another set piece, this time delivered by Calum Dickinson, flicked on by Matty Franks to Youngs whose header was blocked by the keeper only to top scorer Ashley Jarvis to net what proved to be the winner. Fakenham twice hit the woodwork after that as they looked to put the tie to bed.
Looks like my last FA Vase tie for a good few weeks - let’s hope that life returns back to some semblance of normality sometime soon.

23 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Milton Keynes Irish can do no wrong at present, here's the match programme and their line up with Shane Uings and Mason Spence getting the goals:

https://issuu.com/mkirishfc/docs/mk-irish-programme-stansted

Billede

Spence with another goal ?

15 hours ago, Rhodes said:

YouTube highlights, I'm sure GRS67 will spot himself:

A very good result for Edgware Town in what would be the Legends last game in the Edgware Town hot seat ?

15 hours ago, Rhodes said:

This was a great result albeit against Step 6 opposition:

Billede

I see ex SSML players Liam Hind and Danny Bennell are playing for Sandhurst Town FC.

22 hours ago, Rhodes said:

https://www.walthamstowfc.com/2020/10/31/ampthill-town-1-1-walthamstow-amps-win-4-2-on-penalties/

The Sports Shots photographer Dale James was at Ampthill Park and here are over 300 photographs:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/11/01/fa-vase-1r-ampthill-town-1-1-walthamstow-4-2-penalties/

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/11/2020 at 02:44, Rhodes said:

YouTube highlights:

Edited by Rhodes