Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Canvey Island

seemgee

57 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Sounds as if it was another sterile home game. Any comments as to how things went?

Also I seem to be unable to get into the clubs official website. Is anyone else having a similar problem or know what's causing this? I would be pleased to hear.

Same here.

Hmm .. no comments on this one so I'll start .. to be honest a pretty dire game ..

I watched from the side as I was with a friend with his daughter, seeing us defend ..- and in the first 15 mins we were opened up 3 times ... a simple ball over the top and Kouassi was clean through ..

Nathan made a number of good saves and would have been my choice for MOM..

We tightened up .. and can be pleased with the clean sheet overall, but we didnt really create much.

I wondered it we had reduced the width of the pitch, given the number of times we passed it out of play !!

Defence was solid overall - Bray won lots of headers, Braithwaite looks good at CB, and Payne & Spencer both performed well - but we don't pass the ball out enough - hopefully Josh is OK after his appearance back in the friendly - he is great at doing that ...

Second half was more even, but I would say if anyone deserved the win it was Canvey - they were an impressive outfit who passed it well

Last 10-15 we did make efforts to nick a winner, with Cass and Bilal coming on - and created a few half chances .. I did think though that we had no other attacking options on the bench .. with LDV suspended for 3 big games and not sure where Taaffe was? Would have liked to see Kian Wilkes on the bench ... or do we have anyone else in the squad who is attacking?

So an improvement on our meeting 2 weeks ago, but we need to be winning our home games against most if we are to be up there ...

Can we sign Kouassi? Surely we are a bigger club than them!

13 hours ago, Raingod said:

Hmm .. no comments on this one so I'll start .. to be honest a pretty dire game ..

I watched from the side as I was with a friend with his daughter, seeing us defend ..- and in the first 15 mins we were opened up 3 times ... a simple ball over the top and Kouassi was clean through ..

Nathan made a number of good saves and would have been my choice for MOM..

We tightened up .. and can be pleased with the clean sheet overall, but we didnt really create much.

I wondered it we had reduced the width of the pitch, given the number of times we passed it out of play !!

Defence was solid overall - Bray won lots of headers, Braithwaite looks good at CB, and Payne & Spencer both performed well - but we don't pass the ball out enough - hopefully Josh is OK after his appearance back in the friendly - he is great at doing that ...

Second half was more even, but I would say if anyone deserved the win it was Canvey - they were an impressive outfit who passed it well

Last 10-15 we did make efforts to nick a winner, with Cass and Bilal coming on - and created a few half chances .. I did think though that we had no other attacking options on the bench .. with LDV suspended for 3 big games and not sure where Taaffe was? Would have liked to see Kian Wilkes on the bench ... or do we have anyone else in the squad who is attacking?

So an improvement on our meeting 2 weeks ago, but we need to be winning our home games against most if we are to be up there ...

Can we sign Kouassi? Surely we are a bigger club than them!

I don't know any team that doesn't want to win a home game. But it's often quite difficult, as you know. Sometimes I think that home games should give an advantage to the home team, but that's not the case... That's why they have to win all games, not just home games :)

Very true RJ but one should expect the home team to attack more as they are more adapted to the way the the ball behaves on their own pitch. That is their advantage.

But as I said several weeks ago if you make up your squad with the majority of players being defenders one cannot expect much attacking.

For the past few years we have relied on Mo picking up punts forward and making some of them into goals. That is in the past and we now need a new approach as to how we should play with the squad we have got.

But that leads us to the big question which is, are the management team capable of coming up with a new game plan, so that the current squad  can start playing to their strengths??? That is what managers are expected to do. Not to assume that one way suits all.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals