Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Another gutless display...

Not quite sure where to begin, right from the get go we never looked interested - we were hassled and hurried losing the the ball (when we had it) on many occasions. The ref was awful however she didn't lose us the game. We lacked creativity and desire which got us to the top of the table however once again we we play important games against teams around us and we crumble (Canvey home and away, Aveley home and away, BS away...there's more I'm sure) I believe given our league position we should be dictating play with the away team defending for their lives and us controlling the game however over the past few months it been obvious that we are in a false position. From the top of my head the last games where I've seen us control the game and come out worthy winners were Ricay away and Potters Bar away most of the games between then and now could have gone either way if the other teams took their chances.  We look like a team void of any ideas, looking to go long at every given time....yes, I understand the pitch is heavy but the opposition seem to handle it pretty well of late, we fail to win any second balls and look like a team just waiting to go behind before we get a reaction...let's hopefully a positive reaction next week.....

I’ve avoided commenting on these posts for a while now but I couldn’t agree more with Kimble above. We have been poor for a few weeks now and when playing at home we look like an away side. I get we like to play long ball football but we have been found out so many times of late playing against big centre backs and CDM’s and we genuinely don’t look like we have a plan B. Without Lewwis in midfield we look weak, I genuinely lost count today with the amount of times we lost the ball in midfield or passed it to an opposition player. I just hope we put the last few weeks behind us and start to pick up performances again otherwise we could be in for a surprising league finishing position

Edited by LukeXIX

We lost very badly to Canvey Island but at least we had two weeks to put it right.

Then against Aveley we played exactly the same.

For me that is what hurt the most. 

I try and find positives but I’m struggling today. Yes the referee was appalling but if Collina was out there yesterday we still would have lost. The 50/50 tackles, Aveley most of the time just seemed to come away with the ball. The midfield generally didn’t seem to be able to cope, that puts pressure on the defence and isolates the forwards, suspect that’s why we ended up with long balls but it’s unfair to expect our forwards to cope with that. Of course Lewwis will make a bit of a difference but even so, I think we’re starting to struggle. Need a few big results I think to get us back on track but at the moment I can’t see that happening 

Disappointing result and performance yesterday in another big game , didn’t show much creativity yesterday once again, I hope that We can turn this around on Tuesday in the cup  and next weekend away to Folkestone to at least try to get a good run going and make a big strong push for the title and promotion. Let’s  Keep the chin up Urchins , we’ve got a good team and a bright rest of the season ahead of us and also there are loads of games to go , so it’s not over just yet. Up the Chins and we go again. ❤️❤️