Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island v Enfield Town

seemgee

We're pretty good compared to the mid/bottom of the table sides (which keeps us in the Top 6) but too often come unstuck against our main rivals. If you want to get promoted then you need to not be losing (i.e. getting a point out of) games like these. Afraid I can't see us getting anything from a rejuvenated Folkestone either. So a tough week ahead which may be make or break for any kind of shot at the title.

Surprised no more comments on the game? Thought I'd put something in as I always enjoy reading others views when I cant make it 

My first game for a few weeks and yes it was a bad day at the office .. only made the decision to go last minute and heard the whistle for kick off as I was walking round outside 

Lots of singing and a drum .. but then I realised it was the Canvey Ultras!

Very scrappy first half - we had 3 chances of note ... a great shot from Isaacs that was tipped over, a chance when Joe Payne got it on the edge of the area - Coker had been taken out and we should have got a free kick on the edge of the area .. and there was a cross from LDV that evaded Cass and the follow up (Sam?) could not be put on target ..

1st half was scrappy but even .. second they did better than us

The opener - we had a set play which they cleared and broke from down our right .. Dequaine slipped I think .. 

They then went down our right again to get the 2nd - we didnt seem to get our challenges in on the by line ..

The 3rd was awful - unmarked from a free kick/corner ..

Ref accidentally showed a red card to one of our players but no one went off so we assume it was an error!!

Joe Payne was MOM for me .. overall we werent good enough on the day 

Cass ran his socks off but was just too isolated 

Tactics wise, strong wind, by the coast - if you are going to go direct then start Adam up top in my view

Probably not the right conditions for the likes of LDV .. Coker was quiet by his standards 

After scrappy 1st half I think we should have changed things around a bit then ..

Its an open league - and Stortford & Hornchurch look the teams to beat (I am told Hornchruch spent 40k on their latest striker!) but we should be making the play offs ... 

Hopefully an off day and we get back to winning ways tomorrow .. I think we need to shake up the line up a bit .. Marcus, Adam, James D ..?