Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Arbour park

Ian g f

The Tories were always opposed to our peppercorn rent so just a pre-election dig

Max Caller however has said that SBC must renegotiate any deal to get true value so we may have a possible problem with him

The Tories were always opposed to our peppercorn rent so just a pre-election dig

Max Caller however has said that SBC must renegotiate any deal to get true value so we may have a possible problem with him

I thought I'd read on here that the rent was £15,000 a year. If so, on its own and devoid of any reciprocal commitments (of which I understood there were some), while that would appear to be on the low side, it's far from "peppercorn". 

2 hours ago, Rebel Kay said:

I think they have just written a brilliant piece of election campaign material - for the Labour Party!

If only that were so. I doubt that this will move many in Slough to vote against them. As I read it they only want to remove our priority.

As for using it for all Field Sports, this could also mean any sports that are played outdoors. Maybe they want to move the Rugby club in? Build a running track around the pitch? Install Clay Pigeon cannons? Fox Hunting or fishing at Arbour Park sound interesting to be fair 🤣. All when the council is in the middle of a money crisis. I say treat that with the contempt it deserves.

38 minutes ago, Kaiser Gibbs Batman (KGB) said:

I thought I'd read on here that the rent was £15,000 a year. If so, on its own and devoid of any reciprocal commitments (of which I understood there were some), while that would appear to be on the low side, it's far from "peppercorn". 

The social offset was valued at £68000 .

53 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

Sorry for duplication Dont know what happened  Seems its only my phone that's  smart.

That's alright Irishadrian, I used to be a parrot but I'm alright now......I used to be a parrot but I'm alright now........I used to be a parrot but I'm alright now.......😁

2 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

We are by far their biggest customers. The club pays far more than a peppercorn rent. 

26 minutes ago, Craige01 said:

We are by far their biggest customers. The club pays far more than a peppercorn rent. 

Craig If you mean including the value of social offsets we agreed to then yes we pay more but the 15000 was always intended to be low The report of the 2017  recall meeting called by Dexter Smith and his Tory cronies to oppose our proposed deal is still online.

21 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Wasn't there something a while back that said although we only pay £15,000 in rent our actual contribution as a club because of the manpower etc that we provide to keep AP running was estimated to be around the 75k mark.

You're  correct RR  the social offset was estimated to be 68000

On 12/04/2023 at 16:31, Norbert22 said:

Wikipedia define field sports as hiking, equestrianism, hawking, archery and shooting.

Not sure the park would suite any of the field sports which are essentially country pastimes.  

We can set up Arbour Park to be like that film 'Apocalypto' all the council can run from one end and we'll shoot them with arrows and guns....😂

35 minutes ago, Ian g f said:

What other option have we got? Can't see us buying land and building a stadium any time soon

I'm going to win the lottery and buy Wexham Park, Arbour Park can be our training hub, I was going to mention Manor Park but I wont.

'Parklife' at its best. 😂