Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The sign of things to come ?

urchinman1961

Nice start to the season Liam mom by a mile guess we got a.good side here went off key for about 15 minutes which allowed Gate back into the game.but we regrouped and tbh we ran away with it,healthy crowd as well it's all looking rosy,hindsight is a wonderful thing but the points dropped last.season are the sides we have just beaten oh well up the Urchins 

First half we looked comfortable, switched off and let Margate back into the game with a well taken goal.

Second half we huffed and puffed a bit.

I thought the subs made a massive impact, Manny and Ellis lit up the game. Greenie and Ellis caused no end of problems when they pushed up on the left.

MoM is difficult I thought Greenie, Tom and Nashey all played well.

Really pleased. Yeah Margate did have a spell in the first half where they got hold of the ball and got a couple of crosses in from their left into the far post , one of which resulted in the goal but other than that the defence looked comfortable and that didn’t happen second half. Some of the passing and moving tonight was excellent, we look comfortable on the ball, moving it from side to side on occasions probing for a gap, good wing play also good set plays as well. Subs did make a difference and I thought the pressure from the guys was starting to tell on the Margate players at the end. Margate, like Horsham are a good side and we’re picking up points from last season already. 

Not got a mom , agree with all the above. I am going to give a shout out to Joe Wright who’s had a couple of really good games and has pulled out some great saves when we needed him to. 

You can see the influence of the new management team tonight , we are looking sharp atm. Well done to all COYU

Edited by cup of tea

Excellent performance overall. Really pleased to show a good attitude after being pegged back but showing enough to push on and ultimately become worthy winners. Thought Harvest looked very assured when he come and another top performance from Green too. Forward line looked a lot more mobile with Nash up top and was very pleasing to see him on the score sheet. Well played everyone