Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cray

djwilf

Hope Seemgee is ok, missed his updates yesterday.

Not much to report in the first half, quite an even contest.  Thought Cray looked tricky up front and as Gavin has said think their roving left back was one of the better players on the pitch.   Lightning display was entertaining as was the amount of rain that we had in such a short period of time.   

Marcus looks more and more dangerous every game and defences don't seem to be able to handle him.   Whatever Gavin said at half time certainly seemed to work, we looked to have more possession and 2nd half Cray were nowhere near as effective.

Marcus' first goal was a lovely finish through a pile of defenders with their gk stuck to the spot and if he had taken his opportunity where he put both defenders on their backsides it would have been a beautiful goal.   Our 2nd goal seemed a bit fortunate but you have to get in those positions which he is on a regular basis.   Rhys made a couple of last ditch saves which helped with the clean sheet, however again our organisation this year looks so much better and the players are working tirelessly to make it hard for us to be broken down.

Was impressed we had over 500 there yesterday.   Was I the only one there?

DJWilf’s summary is spot on. Very even first half, the torrential rain fortunately stopping just before half time and making the pitch a beauty to play on in the second half.

Cray were definitely the strongest of the 3 teams I have seen so far (I missed Folkestone) - their league table position is not reflective. We played very well in the second half with Wyllie taking his first goal extremely well. Scoring first was key in this game. Wyllie’s drag back at pace in the box to leave 2 Cray defenders for dead was sheer class, such a shame he skied his subsequent shot. His second was the type of goal you get while on a scoring streak - take them when they come because 9 times out of 10 they miss.

I thought Micky Parcell did as well as he could at left back, he’s clearly more comfortable on the right but Carlos turned in a very composed performance at right back (and was my man of the match).

Revealing post match interview posted on Twitter (I wondered why Payne wasn’t playing). Squad is definitely stretched thin but the manager and coach have us set up so well, we are a difficult team to score against. Let’s hope I haven’t jinxed it for Haringey away tomorrow - 2 games in 3 days is really tough at this level.

Good notes from Mr. Chairman in the programme too. We all know we need to replace Jake Cass but the right type of striker won’t be immediately available.

If we can get through the next couple of games with no injuries and no defeats, what a start we will have made!

15 hours ago, djwilf said:

Just another thought....anyone know if we ve ever started the season with 4 wims in a row?

Jim Cuneen should be able to answer that.

An enjoyable game with both sides attempting to play good football in poor conditions in the first half. A word of respect for the pitch people. I saw only one splash of water over the stand side in the rain. The Town appeared free of water throughout the game though the terraces and running track had standing water on the problem side. This disappeared as soon as the rain stopped.