Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pred'n Lg - Final Tables. Play off matches by 3pm, 16th Dec

Jago

And so.  How was it for you?   Let’s find out.

Firstly, can I thank everyone who has participated.  This is the first season ever that there have been zero “failures to predict” – so no walkovers which makes it much fairer for everyone.  (Cue comments about “fairness”, “prediction league”, “oxymoron”).

Up in the Les Walker Division it was all about the relegation spots.  Before the match Paul C was in pole position – a win would secure the TV money for next season.  But in front of a packed Bernapaul it was Clive who triumphed, leaving Paul on tenterhooks and waiting for James Alexander Gordon – or whoever does it these days – to confirm his fate.  Could anyone take advantage? 

Well neither Fat Tom nor Mysterious Nick could manage even a point, so DOWN YOU GO BOYZ.  So far so good for Paul, but he’d reckoned without everyone’s favourite gateman, Dinamo*, who duly dispatched an Ozz squad who were clearly already on holiday in Frinton **.  (* other lovely gatepersons are available, ** also other exotic Essex resorts).

So there you go.   Dinamo stays up.  Paul goes down.  Along with Fat Tom, Nick and the other bloke who got relegated about 4 weeks ago.

In Div 2, my good self duly cemented the title, along with the "Platinum Boot" for top overall goalscorer.  Yes I know this is a new award, but I’ve only just thought of it.  Coincidence? What are you saying?

More importantly, Digger jumped into third to claim the final auto promotion spot after MikeMike’s infamous prediction algorithm went into chaos mode.  And Diamond Geezer got the win he needed to confirm his play-off spot – good job too or Marta would have pipped him.  At least Marta can console herself with winning the “Top Lady” award – spoiling Urchin Queen’s extraordinary run over the last few years.

Finally – congratulations to UrchinYid who won his first Wooden Spoon, thereby joining the exclusive group of Cup of Tea, Paul C and Wivenhoe as winners of both the Spoon and the overall Championship.  And also well done to Mick The Bat who has spent the entire season rooted to the bottom but then finally roused himself to finish an impressive 3rd from bottom.  How very Chelsea (1980s vintage).

Play-off details follow.  Good luck y’all.

THE LES WALKER DIVISION ONE

image.png.3612dc7e75a8f6fa70821ba29fbf55fd.png

image.png.d376fcdd3771e2ac837fece54cd38d28.png

FA VASE DIVISION TWO

image.png.e7e7c2db461afbcdf441a637fdc07c68.png

image.png.6d99b90b7cd9be063ca5183801e9ba06.png

NEXT WEEK - PLAY OFF SEMIS,  By 3pm, Saturday 16th September

image.png.c2ba54000162883f9b78c172c940ef6b.png

Please predict upon ...

At. Bilbao v At. Madrid
Burnley v Everton
Cheltenham v Orient
Clacton v Romford
Chavtastic v Chintastic
Attendance:

Contingency
Enfield Town v Dulwich

See you in Chatham,  Jago.

Well, that'll learn me to actually make an effort rather than blind blagging.
So I'm going early rather than copying and modifying so I'm confident of nil points.
Actually, I'm due a promotion to keep my yo-yo impression going.

At. Bilbao  1 v 1 At. Madrid
Burnley 2 v 1 Everton
Cheltenham 0 v 3  Orient
Clacton 0  v 0 Romford
Chavtastic  2 v 2 Chintastic
Attendance: 1,201

Contingency
Enfield Town  3 v 0 Dulwich

Edited by MikeMike

Oh how we love to slip in via the back door, to take that spot. Onwards and upwards!

At. Bilbao 2 v 1 At. Madrid
Burnley 0 v 3 Everton
Cheltenham 0 v 2 Orient
Clacton 1 v 2 Romford
Chavtastic 0 v 3 Chintastic
Attendance: 1350

Contingency
Enfield Town 2 v 2 Dulwich

12 hours ago, Digger. The. Cat! said:

Oh how we love to slip in via the back door, to take that spot. Onwards and upwards!

At. Bilbao 2 v 1 At. Madrid
Burnley 0 v 3 Everton
Cheltenham 0 v 2 Orient
Clacton 1 v 2 Romford
Chavtastic 0 v 3 Chintastic
Attendance: 1350

Contingency
Enfield Town 2 v 2 Dulwich

You've already qualified you buffoon.  The current games are for the guys in 4th to 7th, looking for a barely-deserved (and doubtless shortlived) lifeline into the big time.  Anyway, you're not the first, and won't be the last. I ought to keep a list but there's only so much data I can hold on ye olde ZX spectrum.

On 11/12/2023 at 21:43, MikeMike said:

Well, that'll learn me to actually make an effort rather than blind blagging.
So I'm going early rather than copying and modifying so I'm confident of nil points.
Actually, I'm due a promotion to keep my yo-yo impression going.

I thought you'd handed it all over to some uber-complex AI algorithm.  But you're right - "yo-yo Mike" does have a certain resonance... if you go up you can take the moniker from "yo-yo Adrian" who used to be THE yo-yo master but seems to have lost his upward thrust for the mo. 

42 minutes ago, Jago said:

I thought you'd handed it all over to some uber-complex AI algorithm.  But you're right - "yo-yo Mike" does have a certain resonance... if you go up you can take the moniker from "yo-yo Adrian" who used to be THE yo-yo master but seems to have lost his upward thrust for the mo. 

I used an Artificially (not so) Intelligent algorithm for that thing we agreed not to talk about publicly last year :)
Everything dismal about my predictions is my own work.