Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Farnborough FC

Reading Rebel

8 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Totally agree.

I've never heard of a player who loves playing football say they're not a football fan and they don't follow any football club past or present.  

Very odd.

Pretty sure Ben White of Arsenal has similar feelings. Is odd and extremely rare but to these guys it’s just a job.

4 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

Pretty sure Ben White of Arsenal has similar feelings. Is odd and extremely rare but to these guys it’s just a job.

You're right there must be some odd bods about 😉

But to say you love playing the game but have never followed any club is just weird 😅

Edited by Reading Rebel

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

You're right there must be some odd bods about 😉

But to say you love playing the game but have never followed any club is weird 😅

Well, not everyone's the same! I played football with a guy who pretty much dominated each game (at a decent level for the time), but he wasn't really bothered about football. I also remember that ex-Spurs player Benoit Assou-Ekotto wasn't a football fan. Took his large wedge every week of course. Similarly there are people who apparently like football but never go to a game.

In some ways I wish I wasn't committed to a team(s), it would save a whole lot of "squeaky bum time"!

3 hours ago, Bernie Gogan said:

Well, not everyone's the same! I played football with a guy who pretty much dominated each game (at a decent level for the time), but he wasn't really bothered about football. I also remember that ex-Spurs player Benoit Assou-Ekotto wasn't a football fan. Took his large wedge every week of course. Similarly there are people who apparently like football but never go to a game.

In some ways I wish I wasn't committed to a team(s), it would save a whole lot of "squeaky bum time"!

Of course not everybody is the same but the bit that I find strange is that Joe says that he loves the game.

Edited by Reading Rebel

2 hours ago, Bernie Gogan said:

Absolutely, but it's nice when it's a win.

20 hours ago, OURebel said:

Why were fans booing Edon Pruti by the way?  Was there some issue around how he left STFC for Brentford B?  

Just interested, as remember him putting in some committed performances on the pitch when he was with us.

Unknown, but no detected booing of Aaron Kuhl strangely. Pruti left to stand a chance of making it at an EPL club as I understood it. No fee was offered and the managers at the time didn't want to stand in his way. It hasn't worked out for him, perhaps some think he should have returned to us?

I find it odd that Pruti was an EFL2 player last season and this season at a lower NL level he can't get a game and has had to drop back to NLS to get game time. Both players on loan at Farnborough btw.

23 hours ago, OURebel said:

Why were fans booing Edon Pruti by the way?  Was there some issue around how he left STFC for Brentford B?  

Just interested, as remember him putting in some committed performances on the pitch when he was with us.

Not warranted but in a football crowd you'll always get some who boo for the sake of it not really understanding or knowing why Pruti left the club. 

The only issue with the move was Brentford refusing to pay a fee for a contracted player.

Edited by Reading Rebel

He was booed by the same sprinkling of morons who were spitting at an opposition goalie a few seasons ago. 

43 minutes ago, Rebellier said:

He was booed by the same sprinkling of morons who were spitting at an opposition goalie a few seasons ago. 

Disgusting behavior and should never be tolerated.

If it's not happened since hopefully it's now in the past.

You can't stop some idiots from booing and it's mainly done by youngsters with undeveloped brain cells 😏