Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Farnborough FC

Reading Rebel

1 minute ago, Windsor Rebel said:

I wonder if fat drummer boy and his wannabe firm will turn up?

I bet they don’t! If they do they’ve obviously got less than the 2 brain cells I gave them credit for! Really hope it’s not segregated as that’ll punish the 99.9% of fans who can attend a match without wanting trouble. Surely it’s upto the stewards to be more alert and responsive this time?

27 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

Statement on both club websites now.

With identified troublemakers from last time banned and stewards teams strengthened including some from Farnborough I do wonder if segregation is necessary I would have thought robust competent stewarding would be adaquate unless of course the police have requested it.

21 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

I do wonder if segregation is necessary I would have thought robust competent stewarding would be adaquate unless of course the police have requested it.

I suppose that both clubs need not only to take it seriously, but must also be seen to be doing so. 

It's real shame as this isn't what non-league football should be about; spoilt by a tiny handful of morons. 

31 minutes ago, Nathan said:

I suppose that both clubs need not only to take it seriously, but must also be seen to be doing so. 

It's real shame as this isn't what non-league football should be about; spoilt by a tiny handful of morons. 

And these morons will see the segregation as some sort of victory for them!

11 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

True but since the police are aware and investigating some previous problems I would expect a police presence at full time has been sorted

I'd imagine they'll keep an eye on the train station as well as I believe they all travelled to Slough via Reading.

Very lethargic start from us and promptly conceded a poorly defended goal in the 7th minute.

Excellent reply to fight back and take 2-1 lead before the break.

Unfortunately the second half was a non event from us with Farnborough the dominant team with the inevitable equalizer coming after some sustained pressure which we failed to stem.

For the remainder of the half we rode our luck a bit and at the final whistle I think we did well did get a point from the game.

A few disappointing points from the game:

The lack luster start which lead to us conceding a poor early goal

Our second half performance which allowed Farnborough to get a foothold in the game and nearly snatch all 3 points

Apart from our 2 goals we hardly troubled Jack Turner

We were getting nowhere fast up front so I was a bit disappointed that the new signing Slavi Spasov wasn't given the last 10 minutes to blood him into the team.

With other results not all going our way we find ourselves out of a relegation place only on goal difference so Tuesday's one of our games in hand so crucial game to bounce back and pick up the points.

Edited by Reading Rebel

5 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Very lethargic start from us and promptly conceded a poorly defended goal in the 7th minute.

Excellent reply to fight back and take 2-1 lead before the break.

Unfortunately the second half was a non event from us with Farnborough the dominant team with the inevitable equalizer coming after some sustained pressure which we failed to stem.

For the remainder of the half we rode our luck a bit and at the final whistle I think we did well did get a point from the game.

A few disappointing points from the game:

The lack luster start which lead to us conceding a poor early goal

Our second half performance which allowed Farnborough to get a foothold in the game and nearly snatch all 3 points

Apart from our 2 goals we hardly troubled Jack Turner

We were getting nowhere fast up front so I was a bit disappointed that the new signing Slavi Spasov wasn't given the last 10 minutes to blood him into the team.

With other results not all going our way we find ourselves out of a relegation place only on goal difference so Tuesday's game in hand against Hemel is looking like a crucial game to bounce back.

Is that a "copy and paste" from previous reports this season RR?

Starting to sound very repetitive, easy goals for the opposition at in the opening minutes of a half because the defence is not switched on, we fight back to gain a lead, and then surrender the advantage having run out of steam – another 2 points dropped at home!

Looks like lessons are not being learnt?

Spencer Day thought Christmas had come early, he is nearly happy in his interview, and was only slightly upset that he did not get the full 3 points.

Agree RR – why bring in a new “attacking threat” and not use him?  He is new and needs to justify his inclusion so he will be dead keen to produce a result, but just sits on the bench getting splinters in his arse!

Something major needs to happen to improve performances over Christmas, or my 23 game (half season) review might be painful for some to read.

I didn’t think it was great performance from us but we were up against an in form Aaron Kuhl who ran the show in the second half (it would be great if we could get him back at Slough some time soon).

Memories are short, and the season has been interrupted recently with several cup matches, so as a reminder we have managed 11 points from our last six league matches.

7 minutes ago, Curtis said:

I didn’t think it was great performance from us but we were up against an in form Aaron Kuhl who ran the show in the second half (it would be great if we could get him back at Slough some time soon).

Memories are short, and the season has been interrupted recently with several cup matches, so as a reminder we have managed 11 points from our last six league matches.

Our opponents on Tuesday have managed just  4 points from their last 6 league games  the last 4 all defeats We musnt fritter away games in hand especially home games.

13 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Agree, Memories are short, as Slough tore up his contract to let him go to Dorking for no fee.

We had two subs that were dictated by injuries so there wasn’t much room to manoeuvre with subs… it was taken out of our hands. Surely you can see that?! 

Also, when we are under the cosh and clinging onto a lead and we’re not at our best, we try and secure the 3 points by being solid and organised behind the ball, we don’t look to ‘blood people in’ by trying to win the game rather than not lose it. We’ve been guilty of that this season against Dover and Torquay at home especially where we’ve tried to win it and come unstuck.

We’re much more likely to bring a striker on if the game is on a knife edge and we’re playing well, or if we’re losing. But we weren’t playing well, hence why we tried to make sure we took something from the game.

Can someone give some information on the goalkeeper please.