Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Aveley

Reading Rebel

38 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Another big 3 points up for grabs tomorrow.

Let’s see if we can replicate our good home form and continue to climb the table.

It’s a great time to play them as they’re on their way down. They only have 3 points from their last 6 league games (3 draws, 3 defeats). Their loss of form is no doubt not helped by losing 3 or 4 of their best players. If we can win tomorrow it’ll set us up very nicely for 2 very hard matches v Hampton & Richmond.

15 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

On the flip side you have to go back 21 games v Hayes & Yeading in the FA Cup for our last away win.

In those 21 games we've only managed 4 draws away from home.

For our last away win in the league you have to go back to the 5 September v Dartford.

But 21 games include 12 home games! It’s 9 away games since that win at H&Y and although a point wouldn’t be a disaster if we want to really distance ourselves from the bottom 4 we need a win bearing in mind the mountain of matches we are approaching. Where are those big new signings!!!

5 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

But 21 games include 12 home games! It’s 9 away games since that win at H&Y and although a point wouldn’t be a disaster if we want to really distance ourselves from the bottom 4 we need a win bearing in mind the mountain of matches we are approaching. Where are those big new signings!!!

What 'big new signings'?

4 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Exactly! I see plenty of clubs via X in the last few days signing players. Aveley have just signed 2 today. We desperately need reinforcements for January. Maybe we should recall our loanees?

What Gabe George and the two youngsters who hardly have any senior football experience?

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

What Gabe George and the two youngsters who hardly have any senior football experience?

Not following their progress but I would hope they’re playing regularly at their loan clubs? We need numbers in January and we have these 3 so if we’re short and not able to sign anyone then yes we should think about using them. 

Excellent result today plus another clean sheet. Climbs us up 3 places in the league and we’re now equidistant from 7th and 21st place, showing just how tight this division is. Johnny on target again and at this rate he’s on target to get 20+ goals which would be amazing. Just glad he’s on contract otherwise we’d be in danger of losing him. Really sets us up nicely for 2 massive Christmas games and I hope the club get rewarded with a big crowd on Boxing Day (I’ll guess 1,200).

It appears that "Hallelujah!" shouted from the sidelines constitutes a request to calm down & a visit from Aveley's security chief. It also transpires that Mr. Very Important Job person has prior knowledge of our "reputation". The world's gone mad!!

4 hours ago, Bernie Gogan said:

It appears that "Hallelujah!" shouted from the sidelines constitutes a request to calm down & a visit from Aveley's security chief. It also transpires that Mr. Very Important Job person has prior knowledge of our "reputation". The world's gone mad!!

probably dickhead eddie hemsley again, the guy is a prick

Excellent win in what seemed difficult conditions to maintain our good run and progress up the table.

Two massive games coming up against another form team in Hampton & Richmond who are sitting in second place in the division.

Hopefully we get a big crowd to fit the occasion.

17 hours ago, Windsor Rebel said:

probably dickhead eddie hemsley again, the guy is a prick

It occurs to me now that our "reputation" may in fact refer to the unprovoked incident in the match against Farnborough where a pensioner and his son were punched to the ground by a Farnborough "supporter".

That's 3 away experiences that have left a somewhat sour taste for me, having been treated like unwelcome guests at both Ebbsfleet and Bromley and now this one at Aveley, whose poor attendance of 393 was made up of between 100-150 Rebels supporters. 

37 minutes ago, Bernie Gogan said:

It occurs to me now that our "reputation" may in fact refer to the unprovoked incident in the match against Farnborough where a pensioner and his son were punched to the ground by a Farnborough "supporter".

That's 3 away experiences that have left a somewhat sour taste for me, having been treated like unwelcome guests at both Ebbsfleet and Bromley and now this one at Aveley, whose poor attendance of 393 was made up of between 100-150 Rebels supporters. 

Yes I agree Bernie, but Eddie H is not doing himself (or us) any favours with his loud mouth.

As HR has stated on another post i am sponsoring the game on boxing day in memory of my dad who sadly passed away 2 1/2 years ago and lived for the rebels.

yesterday would have been his 97th birthday so for me it was quite an emotional day but for us to win on his birthday made the day just a little special.

So all dad would have wanted on his birthday was 3 points and we got it. Huge thanks to Scott and the team for making his wish come true.

COYR