Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Taunton Town

38 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

The Facebook page of Slough Town Supporters Trust item by James Penistone

Nothing under the trust Facebook page or James Penistone? Can you provide a direct link or screenshot the article and place on here? I may have already seen it elsewhere but it might have further detail than the version I saw. There’s certainly seems to be a players v hierarchy war going on there.

‪Excellent result giving us a very comfortable 9 point cushion from 4th bottom, we can now start looking above instead of down. Plus another clean sheet after conceding 5 goals in the last 2 and stretching out impressive unbeaten home run to 14 games. Also great attendance 👏

A mostly scrappy and low-key event, but with a deeply satisfactory result. Taunton offered very little in the way of attacking threat, apart from a disallowed goal midway through the second half which would have put the cat among the pigeons had it stood. I look forward to seeing Sundire's goal again as it was an absolute scorcher!

It's still early days, but I'm liking Slavi Spasov the more I see him. He has anticipation and the knack of being in the right place at the right time to get on the end of crosses. 3 goals already, all from the bench!

Pretty comfortable win against opposition who offered little in the first half, and a bit more of a pulse in the second. Taunton seemed more intent on having a cuddle and a cry in the first half than try to play football. That said, I think Scotty was fortunate to get away with just a yellow for his challenge, and that could have tipped the balance.

I liked the look of Eze. Good range of passing and younger legs than our P/M which will be handy in this busy January schedule.

Lovely strike from Sundire, and good football for Slavi's goal. 

1 hour ago, BFR said:

Pretty comfortable win against opposition who offered little in the first half, and a bit more of a pulse in the second. Taunton seemed more intent on having a cuddle and a cry in the first half than try to play football. That said, I think Scotty was fortunate to get away with just a yellow for his challenge, and that could have tipped the balance.

I liked the look of Eze. Good range of passing and younger legs than our P/M which will be handy in this busy January schedule.

Lovely strike from Sundire, and good football for Slavi's goal. 

I promise you it wasn’t that bad! Must’ve looked worse than what it actually was 😅

2 hours ago, Scott Davies said:

I promise you it wasn’t that bad! Must’ve looked worse than what it actually was 😅

It was the one a little after where there were some concerns you might get a second yellow, and Flashscore reporting we had received a red at half-time (making me think someone might have said something out of turn leaving the pitch).

It looked comfortable today, they didn’t seem to pose much of an attacking threat, us possibly going down to 10 looked like their only chance of getting anything out of the match.

11 minutes ago, Curtis said:

It was the one a little after where there were some concerns you might get a second yellow, and Flashscore reporting we had received a red at half-time (making me think someone might have said something out of turn leaving the pitch).

It looked comfortable today, they didn’t seem to pose much of an attacking threat, us possibly going down to 10 looked like their only chance of getting anything out of the match.

That’s why I thought I’d take myself off 😅 we’ve had that ref 3 times this season and he’s booked me on every occasion… didn’t want to risk it! 

7 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

‪Excellent result giving us a very comfortable 9 point cushion from 4th bottom, we can now start looking above instead of down. Plus another clean sheet after conceding 5 goals in the last 2 and stretching out impressive unbeaten home run to 14 games. Also great attendance 👏

Certainly hope so but with a more than difficult run of games coming up I'll reserve judgement until January is over.

6 hours ago, Nathan said:

A mostly scrappy and low-key event, but with a deeply satisfactory result. Taunton offered very little in the way of attacking threat, apart from a disallowed goal midway through the second half which would have put the cat among the pigeons had it stood. I look forward to seeing Sundire's goal again as it was an absolute scorcher!

It's still early days, but I'm liking Slavi Spasov the more I see him. He has anticipation and the knack of being in the right place at the right time to get on the end of crosses. 3 goals already, all from the bench!

Slavi has done well in the time he's been on the pitch but strangely I still couldn't say what type of player he is or how good he is.

Posted (edited)

Contrary to some pre match views this turned out to be a tough encounter and could have ended up a very different story if the offside goal had been allowed.

A hard fought first half where we looked the more dangerous side in the final third, eventually taking the lead from a good cross and clinical volley from Nathan.

In the initial stages of the second half I thought we lost our grip on the game with Taunton looking the more dangerous side eventually putting the ball in the net before the linesman raised his flag. 

Getting the second goal was always looking to be a crucial point in the game and when it came following an excellent strike from Nashy the game was all over bar the shouting. 

Excellent and crucial 3 points ahead of a very difficult run of games.

Edited by Reading Rebel

10 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Slavi has done well in the time he's been on the pitch but strangely I still couldn't say what type of player he is or how good he is.

He's scored 3 in his last 3, despite playing the grand total of around 15 minutes! As I said it's still very early days, but the early signs are encouraging.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Nathan said:

He's scored 3 in his last 3, despite playing the grand total of around 15 minutes! As I said it's still very early days, but the early signs are encouraging.

The early signs are definitely encouraging and 3 goals in 3 cameo appearances of around 15 minutes is excellent.

Amazingly all his 3 goals have come within the 6 yard box. A good header at Hampton and a couple of tap ins.

Perhaps we have a 'fox in the box' type of player?

Edited by Reading Rebel

18 hours ago, Scott Davies said:

I'll stand corrected when the highlights come out. At first sight from the stand, it looked a little high. 

What was the ref's issue at the start of the second half with Eze coming on?

3 minutes ago, BFR said:

I'll stand corrected when the highlights come out. At first sight from the stand, it looked a little high. 

What was the ref's issue at the start of the second half with Eze coming on?

Don’t worry, my old man said the same thing but I didn’t actually make contact with my tackling foot, it was my trailing leg! 😅

We are waiting for Eze’s shirt to arrive so he had to wear number 15 with no name but we had accidentally had the shirt from last season!