Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Taunton Town

Is this game a relative 6 pointer or just another game?

Yes we're only half way through the season and we currently have games and points in hand on teams around us except for Taunton who have two games in hand on us and are only one point below us in the table.

With a tough January fixture schedule coming up (if all games are on) and the bare minimum squad numbers I think this month could determine if we're in for another difficult end to the season or a comfortable mid table finish.

With tomorrows game being the first of only two home games this month I think it's crucial that we get the 3 points to keep the status quo of games and points in hand on the teams below.

Edited by Reading Rebel

1 minute ago, Irishadrian said:

Yes a visit to their social media will show just what disarray theyre in  I cant see any other outcome than a Rebel win  

They’re having cash flow issues due to an unfit pitch meaning they’re having to offload players. 

Posted (edited)

We've already lost our first difficult away fixture this month.

Only Yeovil, Bath, Worthing, Weymouth, Taunton and Dover to go and a little matter of Maidstone as our 2nd and final home game.

How many points do we expect to pick up from those games?

I'll have a guess at 8 points.

Edited by Reading Rebel

8 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Only Yeovil, Bath, Worthing, Weymouth, Taunton and Dover to go and a little matter of Maidstone as our 2nd and final home game.

Got to be looking to win our 2 home games plus away games at Weymouth, Taunton and Dover. Draws at Bath, Worthing and Yeovil are attainable.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

With a tough January fixture schedule coming up (if all games are on) and the bare minimum squad numbers I think this month could determine if we're in for another difficult end to the season or a comfortable mid table finish.

There are 3 players out on loan, maybe time to bring them back and bolster the squad, now they have games under their belt.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

I think you are about right with 8 points from those 8 matches (2 home & 6 away as we catch up on in hand away matches), and anymore than that would be great.

If we are on 38+ points from 31 matches then hopefully talk of relegation concerns and important six point relegation battles will cease.

I am hopeful and looking forward to the match tomorrow, I would like to see us coming out fired up early on (against a team that will have been on a coach for a fair few hours), get a lead & press on…. similar to the Truro match.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

I reckon our 8 points will come from Maidstone (H) 3 Dover (A) 3, Taunton (A) 1 Weymouth (A) 1

Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't expect us to get anything from the other away games. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Curtis said:

I think you are about right with 8 points from those 8 matches (2 home & 6 away as we catch up on in hand away matches), and anymore than that would be great.

If we are on 38+ points from 31 matches then hopefully talk of relegation concerns and important six point relegation battles will cease.

I am hopeful and looking forward to the match tomorrow, I would like to see us coming out fired up early on (against a team that will have been on a coach for a fair few hours), get a lead & press on…. similar to the Truro match.

If we say 3 points tomorrow and 8 points from our next 7 games this will put us on 41 points having played 32 games with 14 to play.

That will leave us to get a minimum of say 12 points from those remaining games which should guarantee us to be safe.

Edited by Reading Rebel

1 hour ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

There are 3 players out on loan, maybe time to bring them back and bolster the squad, now they have games under their belt.

If it was possible to bring those players back from their loan period it would give us bodies on the ground but are they ready/good enough for the NLS?  I would suggest not at this present time.

Since Tauntons various issues began to emerge at the beginning of Oct theyve played 6 away games winning 0 drawing 2 losing 4  scored 3 conceded 13  they are just beneath  us in the table by dint of much better earlier results.

Edited by Irishadrian

They must really be in the brown stuff as they’ve just released 2 contracted players who have both joined Yate Town. That’s 5 first team players left in the last couple of weeks that I know of. You’d hope the club wil release a statement soon as you’d be pretty concerned if you were a fan? If their rearranged match home to Yeovil gets postponed again expect to see further player departures.

Apparently it’s 7 players left according to a fan on social media.

Edited by GlenSTFC

Info on X and their website shows that 1 loanee has been recalled by Yeovil, 1 player transferred for a fee to Yeovil, 3 contracts cancelled (1 signed for Swindon Supermarine & 2 signed for Yate Town) plus one player inbound from Dorchester Town.

Make of that what you will!

Looking at their twitter feed, 6 players have left and one player has been signed.

Before we all get carried away with tomorrows game being easier because of an exodus of players at Taunton we need to look at this in a little more detail.

Of the 6 players who have left only 2 were regular starters with the other 4 either been regular substitutes or not in the match day squad.

So in reality they are only 2 players short of their normal starting line up.

3 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Before we all get carried away with tomorrows game being easier because of an exodus of players at Taunton we need to look at this in a little more detail.

The only detail that needs considering is that we're not guaranteed three points by merely turning up to the match. It doesn't matter if their entire first-team squad left during the week; we will still need to treat the game and our opponents seriously if we're to gain anything from the game.

The Slough Town Supporters Trust have now published a statement made by the players of Taunton detailing the catalogue of lies and deception in the last few months  worth a look!

10 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

The Slough Town Supporters Trust have now published a statement made by the players of Taunton detailing the catalogue of lies and deception in the last few months  worth a look!

Where exactly?