Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Boards halfway report

The below was taken from Saturday’s match programme and does sound very intriguing, any ideas on what it could be?

”At this time of the year, everyone is keen to look forward and ask: what's next? 2024 might prove to be a significant milestone in the club's history and one that provides huge growth opportunities. Having been involved with football on a daily basis for over 20 years, I've learned that being patient is part of the journey. I do hope to bring you a positive update on this in the coming months.”

Brand new stadium at Wexham Park.  No one named 'Glen' allowed in.

6 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

It's got to be something to do with the ownership/running of the ground.

I was too thinking it was something regarding the ground. If the club can gain total control then yes massive growth is possible if we’re able to use it as we wish.

12 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

I was too thinking it was something regarding the ground. If the club can gain total control then yes massive growth is possible if we’re able to use it as we wish.

Depends on what 'total control' means.

We pay a much higher rent, keep all the income but we man the ground and pay all associated costs in running the ground? 

Edited by Reading Rebel

11 minutes ago, Rebellier said:

Has this report been cleared with SirRebel1965 do we know?

Words are cheap, it is the actions and outcomes that matter.

How many owners in football deliver on their "in five years we will be x league" claims?

Too many empty promises are feed to fans to sell season tickets/memberships, so caution is a wise move.

13 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Words are cheap, it is the actions and outcomes that matter.

How many owners in football deliver on their "in five years we will be x league" claims?

Too many empty promises are feed to fans to sell season tickets/memberships, so caution is a wise move.

Yes true but I for one am happy to give them time to deliver on their ambitions. Excited to hear what these plans are that will benefit our club.

10 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Yes true but I for one am happy to give them time to deliver on their ambitions. Excited to hear what these plans are that will benefit our club.

Glen, I agree, they should be given time, as a couple of months is nothing.

But hope the plans are realistic and will move the club in the right direction.

The first hurdle they have to jump is this transfer window and giving Scott a chance to recruit proper players into the squad, not just scraps and cast offs of other clubs – some class players are needed to take the squad forward.

2 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

The first hurdle they have to jump is this transfer window and giving Scott a chance to recruit proper players into the squad, not just scraps and cast offs of other clubs – some class players are needed to take the squad forward.

Just one experienced prolific striker would be a massive step in the right direction. Even though we’re scoring goals we’re also creating lots that aren’t being put away and think of how many extra points we may have gained and could gain? 

1 hour ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Not sure it's what you mean SR but as far as I'm aware there is no transfer window in non league.

Again as far as I know we were only after a couple of players and one has been recruited.

Where is the money coming from for these 'class players' and would they want to come to a club that are in the bottom half of the table half way through a season? 

Edited by Reading Rebel

While some of you on here are worrying about relegation, needing another striker & wanting to strengthen the squad, you are missing that we have a new striker who has now scored in four consecutive games, and that we have picked up 20 points from our last 10 matches (that’s promotion form), and 33 points from our last 18 matches (play-off place form).

Enjoy the good times while they’re here, save the worrying & moaning for when things aren’t going well.

Edited by Curtis

1 hour ago, Stan said:

That is some result ! 
Well done lads ! 
better start the search for that next new Striker . Slavi won’t be with us long once he’s bagged 20 Goals by the end of January 😉

Someone else for Peter Taylor to look at ?

2 hours ago, Curtis said:

While some of you on here are worrying about relegation, needing another striker & wanting to strengthen the squad, you are missing that we have a new striker who has now scored in four consecutive games, and that we have picked up 20 points from our last 10 matches (that’s promotion form), and 33 points from our last 18 matches (play-off place form).

Enjoy the good times while they’re here, save the worrying & moaning for when things aren’t going well.

Not sure there's been a lot of moaning just a bit of reality when some are getting carried away with talk of reaching the play-offs.

Slavi has done great in the time he's been on the pitch but lets not get carried away and put pressure on the lad with talk of him being the top striker that some have been asking for. As Scott say's he's an ongoing 'project' that hopefully we can improve to fulfill the talent and promise he's shown. 

Of course we should all enjoy it whilst things are going well but lets see where we are come the end of January before there's any real substance to  any talk of reaching the play-offs.