Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Haringey Borough

Slightly disjointed performance, especially after 20 minutes or so in the first half but over 90 minutes we were the better side and deserved to win. There were a couple of goalmouth scrambles in the first half, where the ball could have easily ended up in the back of the net, and had that happened we might have had an easier time, and gone on to score more. Once we got our goal, I was expecting a very nervy 15 or 20 minutes whilst we invited pressure, so it was a pleasure to see us manage the game really nicely, keep the ball in their half and see out time with very few scares.

I thought everyone had solid games and worked very hard, but I'd call out Rhys (handling was exceptional, with a couple of really important claims late on) and the two centre backs, who won their headers, were positionally very good and looked to pass the ball more than I've seen in the past. Having the flexibility to move Parcell into midfield gives us a different option at times too, and could cause sides issues with an overload - nice to see us trying something different in games where we're expected to be the stronger side. Having subs who can change a game is important too, and nobody can question the impact of the changes we made.

Important 3 points, let's hope for 3 more on Saturday!

Edited by Barney