Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sundire departs

Real shame to read this as I thought he was decent. But he’s gone to a club with a great chance of playing NL football next season so I guess you can’t blame him. I expect Ward’s loan will be extended to the end of the season (providing he continues to perform) as his replacement. I’m hoping Scott is busy tying down players for next season before anymore are tempted away.

1 hour ago, GlenSTFC said:

I expect Ward’s loan will be extended to the end of the season (providing he continues to perform) as his replacement.

That's a big assumption to make, particularly after only one game. Wycombe may have other plans, like a loan at a club at a higher level for example. These things do not happen just because we want them to!

9 minutes ago, Nathan said:

That's a big assumption to make, particularly after only one game. Wycombe may have other plans, like a loan at a club at a higher level for example. These things do not happen just because we want them to!

Not really as Scott and the player have already alluded to it both on camera. Pretty sure if both manager and player wants to extend then why would Wycombe say no? It’s not like he’ll be close to a first team start there and he’s hardly played any games so getting lots of football in him here will suit all parties.

Christie I’m pretty sure will be with us for the season. As for Nashy, it’s purely footballing reasons that he’s gone. We matched their offer which meant we improved the terms of his deal and offered him a contract until the end of next season. He’s gone to Tamworth on a non contract until the end of this season. Massively disappointed in his decision but when he said he really wants to play again in the national league, we didn’t really have a leg to stand on with them being 10 points clear at the top! 

Tamworth haven't even announced him on their social media yet!?

That is a blow for us as we were speaking on Saturday about him being in the conversation for player of the season. He has been superb for us and I guess this is the "chance" you take on the "non-contract" players.

Only positive is he has gone to the North, thus we won't have to play against him this season.

Excellent player for us and gutted he's gone but Tamworth are 10 points clear for a reason and unless they've lost a player in his position there's no guarantee Nash will be a regular starter.   

Hopefully he goes there and shows them what a good player he is and fulfills his dream of playing in the NL.

Good luck Nashy.

25 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Excellent player for us and gutted he's gone but Tamworth are 10 points clear for a reason and unless they've lost a player in his position there's no guarantee Nash will be a regular starter.   

Hopefully he goes there and shows them what a good player he is and fulfills his dream of playing in the NL.

Good luck Nashy.

Tamworth just sold a centre mid to Walsall on deadline day - Jamie Jellis - previously of Aylesbury & Kings Langley. Was with Stevenage as a youngster

Munashe will slot into the spot JJ was in the squad

2 hours ago, cufcgeneral said:

Tamworth just sold a centre mid to Walsall on deadline day - Jamie Jellis - previously of Aylesbury & Kings Langley. Was with Stevenage as a youngster

That's good, it'll give him the maximum opportunity on the pitch to show them what he can do.

11 hours ago, cufcgeneral said:

Although nothings ever certain it's looking pretty good for Chesham and a rekindling of our local derby rivalry for next season.

Edited by Reading Rebel

I hadn’t realised Tamworth had dropped down to Step 3 & had been in danger of relegation to Step 4 in early 2022….. although I did know they had been relegated from the National Premier about 10 seasons ago.

It looks as though their fortunes have changed mainly on the appointment of Andy Peaks as manager…. surviving relegation in 2021/22, promotion in 2022/23 & now favourites for another promotion.

Does anybody know if it is all about Andy Peaks though, or is something else going on there, as it doesn’t look like they have new owners & their attendances look fairly average for the National North.

3 hours ago, Curtis said:

I hadn’t realised Tamworth had dropped down to Step 3 & had been in danger of relegation to Step 4 in early 2022….. although I did know they had been relegated from the National Premier about 10 seasons ago.

It looks as though their fortunes have changed mainly on the appointment of Andy Peaks as manager…. surviving relegation in 2021/22, promotion in 2022/23 & now favourites for another promotion.

Does anybody know if it is all about Andy Peaks though, or is something else going on there, as it doesn’t look like they have new owners & their attendances look fairly average for the National North.

No new owners and not particularly wealthy so must be mainly down to good recruitment from manager Andy Peaks.

It can be done but in general there's normally money behind success.