Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What happened at Margate.

I have been waiting to see what anyone has to say about todays game at Margate.

In the absence of any evidence, to the contrary, it sounds as if we froze and did not take the advantage of a team with only 10 men for  85+ minutes.

If this is the case then for some reason we are currently playing with fear so that no one is able or willing to take any chances.

This is not unusual at this stage of the season when the stakes are high  but has to be addressed quickly. If I were asked I would advise the coaching staff to tell the squad to go out and trust their own abilities. Meaning not to sit back from taking the game to the opposition. It's high risk but something has to be tried when needs must. 

But then I come from a different era!!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Was at the game. 1 nil up and cruising then, hard to explain. We lost our way second half of first half. Passes going a miss and let them back in. 

Jonny hit the post but they missed an open goal. Didn’t see the pen but dispatched and 1-1 at HT.

Pete Docherty came on during half time break to take  pen or two! 

Second half we just didn’t get going. A couple of chances and Youngs hit the cross bar, which would have been a great finish. But again they kept breaking and could have scored. 

I think fatigue from playing on Thursday is all I can put it down to. 

Really disappointing not to get all three, but fish and chips on the seafront after made up for it!