Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Taunton

That pitch must be a like a swamp.

Slightest bit of rain and it's off.

With the way climate change is going we could be seeing even worse weather in future seasons.

I think the league should stipulate to Taunton if you want to remain in at this level you have to get your pitch in order.

6 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

That pitch must be a like a swamp.

Slightest bit of rain and it's off.

With the way climate change is going we could be seeing even worse weather in future seasons.

I think the league should stipulate to Taunton if you want to remain in at this level you have to get your pitch in order.

Not sure if they will survive financially if this continues, let alone remain at this level.

We could, of course, offer to play at Arbour Park and give them the gate money less our expenses, if this is allowed. Common sense not being one of the National League's rules renders it unlikely I suppose.

The drizzle I wrote about 3 hrs ago quickly became steady rain

I think its disgraceful that they delay an announcement until hours after they know play wont be possible whilst imploring fans to buy tickets online their finances being so dire!

4th time this has been called off - joke!

If they repeatedly can't play the fixture due to an unfit pitch, then the league should grow some balls and give us the 3 points!

Taunton should also be investigated by the league over their financial status as it is very clear they did not have the resources to complete the season.

Considering the condition that Taunton's pitch has been in for many, many weeks now, you would have thought that after actually playing a league game there on Saturday they would take the greatest possible care to make sure that it had the best possible chance of being ready for our match with them tonight.

From what I can see, they allowed a women's football match to take place on it yesterday ,Sunday.

Bridgewater Utd FC v Moneyfields FC.

I really don't think that would have helped matters.

58 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I think it's just a surface that doesn't hold any water.

Probably built on a flood plain.

If Taunton are not told to do something about it the same thing will happen next season.

Yes, it is right next to the "Black Brook" which only looks to be a couple of feet lower than the ground, and with all water-tables being saturated from this winters rains, then there is little chance for the pitch to drain.

4 hours ago, Holyport Rebel said:

Considering the condition that Taunton's pitch has been in for many, many weeks now, you would have thought that after actually playing a league game there on Saturday they would take the greatest possible care to make sure that it had the best possible chance of being ready for our match with them tonight.

From what I can see, they allowed a women's football match to take place on it yesterday ,Sunday.

Bridgewater Utd FC v Moneyfields FC.

I really don't think that would have helped matters.

Yes they have an agreement with Bridgwater to play some ladies matches on Sundays

Its been an unprecedented few months rain wise in South Somerset hardly any local football has been played my own local town team hasnt played a home game since late January

Yesterdays game was played since it stayed dry and the ref and players were happy to play As you suggest maybe they should protect the higher level games!

Unless there was absolutely nothing wrong with the pitch why play a Sunday morning game at the possible expense of a NLS game?

Of course we are not privy to how mach rain fell and if the game would have been on regardless of the pitch being used on the Sunday. 

12 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Unless there was absolutely nothing wrong with the pitch why play a Sunday morning game at the possible expense of a NLS game?

Of course we are not privy to how mach rain fell and if the game would have been on regardless of the pitch being used on the Sunday. 

Because they needed the rental income... Obviously not right, but they are working purely on get some money in the bank scenarios. Same as not advising of pitch inspections or postponements to last minute, so they can continue to "encourage" online ticket sales! 

7 minutes ago, grandad said:

Because they needed the rental income... Obviously not right, but they are working purely on get some money in the bank scenarios. Same as not advising of pitch inspections or postponements to last minute, so they can continue to "encourage" online ticket sales! 

Fair enough, when you're that desperate I suppose you'll try anything to get some money in the bank.